cievents has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Event Manger to join us on a 6 month contract with potential to extend.
The primary purpose of the role is to delight our clients through the partnering with them and delivery of exceptionally high quality, successful events on time and on budget.
- Partner with clients and drive to end to end successful management of their whole event
- To work with the General Manager and client to ensure that the event brief and budget are fully understood and logistically sound and to provide proactive solutions when necessary
- Look for business opportunities with current clients to upsell relevant services and grow the client portfolio and also maximize revenue for Cievents
- To establish correct systems and processes from the outset to ensure timely, error free event management.
- To maintain accurate files, budgets & critical paths in order to adhere to deadlines and budgets
- To manage all sales processes to ensure transactions are timely an in line with the companies’ procedures
- To effectively negotiate and manage air, hotel, transport and other programme components to ensure accuracy and seamlessness
- To respond to all client enquiries professionally and within the agreed timeframes and to ensure client satisfaction with the response
- To maintain effective communication throughout and post event with all stakeholders, including the client and General Manager to ensure their needs are understood, are being met and proactive solutions are being offered
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2-3 years demonstrated event, conference and incentive management experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills – highly methodical, accurate and deadline driven
- Excellent customer service focus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective client relationships and suppliers
- Computer literate in standard MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and experience in using cvent or similar event management software (preferred)
- Team player and adaptable
- Ability to drive, have ownership over event projects and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills
- MICE product experience in key regions preferred
Is this the opportunity you have been looking for? Apply now!