We are hiring an experienced Finance Manager who will based in Hong Kong and perform work for the region.
We are attracting talents who loves working in a multinational and fast pace working environment. The person is required to lead a small team and is a key contributor for producing accurate and timely financial and management accounting information across all brands under Ascential. The role will be focused on both APAC and China operations and will have opportunities to perform finance works for both our service products and manufacturing products. This role will be reporting in to the Finance Director APAC.
Financial Accounting and Governance:
- Oversees all accounting / tax / cashflow / compliance for the portfolio of companies in Asia and China
- Maintain tight balance sheet control
- Ensure compliance with local statutory requirements and group requirements. Be able to maintain governance around financial operation processes, including but not limited to billings, receivables, purchase, payments, commissions, month-end close, payroll, fixed assets, tax. Be able to implement new internal control policies and improve existing procedures.
- Oversee external audits and taxation for Asia and China entities.
- Handles ad hoc projects. Support implementation of financial systems and internal controls program.
- Review accurate and timely monthly management accounting (including billings, revenue, accruals, prepayments, accurate monthly flash reporting, monthly commentary and forecast)
- Maintain tight cost control against budgets. Maintain clear cost trackers each month with clearly visible fixed costs and discretionary costs.
- Detailed understanding and tracking of headcount, listed by employee with knowledge of all open roles and the operational impact of these.
- Produce accurate forecasting and budgeting as required (detailed workings bottom up for each department, posting to accounting systems and budget presentations and strategy).
- Business partner with BU leaders.
- Be able to carry out planning, budgeting and forecasting for the business.
- Use management information to track progress against an aggressive 3 year plan and to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Be able to establish key KPIs for tracking business performance
- Be able to suggest cost savings proposals.
Skills and experience and other requirements:
- The position will be based in Hong Kong and will perform work for the region including China.
- Qualified CPA with university degree in accounting.
- At least 10 years’ working experience, including experience in auditing and accounting in a commercial environment and with experience in leading teams.
- Experience in regional finance and experience to China operation is a MUST.
- Excellent at Microsoft Excel is a MUST.
- Experience in using Hyperion Essbase is a MUST.
- Experience in cost accounting and experience working for a manufacturing company is a definite advantage.
- Experience in financial system implementation and knowledge of Oracle.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, Chinese and Mandarin.
- Good analytical skills with attention to details.
- Enjoy working in multinational environment.
- Excellent time management, ability to multi-task.
- Mature, reliable, hands on, good team player, good people management skills, willing to take on any ad hoc assignments, collaborative and be able to meet deadline.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Our information, insights, connections, data and digital tools solve customer problems in three disciplines:
- PRODUCT DESIGN via global trend forecasting service WGSN;
- MARKETING via global benchmark for creative excellence and effectiveness Cannes Lions and WARC and strategic advisory firm MediaLink;
- SALES via retail and eCommerce strategy and analytics products from One Click Retail, Clavis Insight and Planet Retail RNG, the world's premier payments and FinTech congress Money20/20, global retail industry summit World Retail Congress and Retail Week.
Ascential also powers political, construction and environmental intelligence brands: DeHavilland, Glenigan and Groundsure.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?