SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is responsible for providing technical, data analytics and coordination aspects related to the annual operating budget for the executive management team and the Board of Directors,
including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. Also ensures a high level of service to the corporation through efficient support of our Finance Team in financial and operational reviews, forecasting, annual budget creation and
business case preparation and business process reviews.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that finance activities are in accordance with established company policy, targets, and goals.
- Managers/supervisors to understand the business needs and assist in the development of predictive models by utilizing financial data to make
potential business decisions
- Participate in the procurement, design, development, and maintenance of the budget and forecasting information system.
- Generate on-going projections for corporate results or individual facilities
- Assess and integrate data platforms into the budget and forecasting information system
- Prepare monthly dashboards that reflect actual, budget and forecasted results
- Prepare templates/profiles for financial statement specifications to facilitate responses to RFP’s
- Review monthly payroll documents provided by HR Administrator and prepare the accounting journal entries for Controller to review.
- Perform payroll duties if HR Administrator is away from office
- Prepare monthly client specific statistical reporting and forecast packages.
- Monitor operational performance, analyzing and providing insight on financial results, (i.e. KPI and top10/bottom10 performance analysis).
- Advise on the content and accuracy of financial statement reporting
- Ensure that all month-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Facilitate the monthly financial reviews with the Executive team.
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any internal or external audits or independent reviews being
- Review cash control procedures and monitor safeguarding of assets
- Collect, interpret, and report on financial data to facilitate integrated platforms
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations as required.
- Periodically conduct information-only presentations, such as workshops, budget overview sessions, and other efforts
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and ad-hoc projects to project financial analysis for decision support.
- Organize filing of all appropriate documents, for internal and external purposes.
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction (when applicable).
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Cooperation - Works with others to prevent conflict and shares resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Judgement - Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Designated CPA Experience with financial reporting (month-end and year-end closing) general ledger, audit and strong internal control environment.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Five years of experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions
- Attendance and participation in training
- Attendance and conducting of presentations
The Financial Analyst, under the direction of the CEO, will primarily be responsible to establish and provide annual budgets, on-going and ad-hoc forecast modelling, while ensuring that financial
reporting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures. Create and communicate the annual budget and provide monthly analysis of business and financial operations. The Financial Analyst must be a Certified
Professional Accountant (CPA).