Position: Fund Accountant – Fund Administration
Location: Hong Kong
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Hong Kong based Fund Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Fund Accountant reports to the Vice President and provides administrative services to a portfolio of client companies as follows
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as primary point of contact for our clients to address requests, queries, and any issues that may arise on the clients assigned to you.
- Monitor the cash activity of your clients and prepare the reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Prepare the quarterly Net Asset Value Calculations/Partner Capital Account allocation, Capital Calls, and Distributions schedules.
- Monitor and reconcile the fund investment transactions and reconcile Investment positions on a regular basis.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of your Fund’s Limited Partnership Agreement and the operational structure of your clients.
- Acquire and develop a mastery of the systems used for client and internal reporting.
- Liaise with auditors and coordinate with clients to ensure the smooth completion of the year-end audit.
- Coordinate with various teams within the Maples organization to ensure client queries and deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Acquire an understanding and application of The Maples Group’s relevant organizational controls and operational procedures.
- Assisting managers in compiling ad hoc reports and operational metrics as required by management.
Client Work and Client Service
- Developing effective working relationships with the appropriate level of client staff
- Delivering value to clients by consistently providing high-quality work
- Responding promptly and professionally to requests for assistance
Billing and Receivables
- Assisting with raising and sending invoices to clients in a timely manner and in accordance with administration agreements
Training and Development
- Demonstrating a commitment to acquiring new capabilities, constantly striving to improve performance;
- Proactively seeking out and taking advantage of training and development opportunities
- Developing a continuous learning plan with the consent of the VP and SVP
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with all MFS policies and procedures and internal guidance notes
- Reporting business issues to the SFA, VP or SVP
- Understanding and speaking knowledgeably about the firm’s services and their values
- Delivering engagements on time, and to the client’s full satisfaction
- Exhibiting integrity and confronting unethical actions
- Being aware of the sensitivity of information and treat it appropriately
- Demonstrating a high productivity level in work through time and cost control
-Ad-hoc projects, including reporting, as required
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration,
regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on our corporate website. Experience our culture and our people on our Careers Page or on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at maples.com/privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
The Maples Group is a leading service provider offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg, and is an independent provider of fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with a client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to their specific needs. Its global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
Due to significant growth and expansion of our Hong Kong office, Maples Group is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals.