We are looking for a 'General Manager, China' for our client, a leading producer of live entertainment experiences in the region. This role is to be based in Shanghai (open to relocate), and will set up and lead a new business unit (Joint Venture with a partner in China) to manage all aspects of the business (corporate, operations, production, touring, sales, marketing, etc.).
Must have a strong background in entertainment/production and experience working in Mainland China market. Reporting line into the Board of Directors of the JV.
- Responsible for overall management of the JV; implement board resolutions
- Ensure highest standard in safety (uncompromising)
- Formulate and implement the annual business plan and registered capital requirements
- Establish JV benchmarks and KPI's; set budgets, manage costs and grow revenues
- Build and manage operation timelines for the business and related events
- Oversee and manage all functions (i.e. Operations, HR, Finance, Compliance, Games, Marketing, Entertainment, F&B and Retail, Sales and Sponsorship, Ticketing, etc.)
- Engage with external vendors (suppliers / subcontractors)
- Bachelor/Master's Degree in Business Management
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Have financial, budgetary and China tax acuity
- Competency in corporate governance and event compliance
- Self-motivated leader with strong communication and organization skills
- Fluency in both Mandarin & English
- High-energy level, ambitious, with a strong desire to succeed
Please send a copy of your latest CV in Word or call +852 3972 5631 for a discussion. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.