Facilities Management of the 148-hectare KFBG site that includes over 250 structures, 9 km of roads, 12km of paths, a Nature Reserve, agricultural
terraces, over 290 natural and man-made registered slopes, internal water storage and distribution and sewage treatment systems. Also responsible for the Facilities Management aspects of the Green Hub at the Old Tai Po Police Station; and to co-ordinate occasional
new construction projects, as required. The role includes responsibility for Occupational Safety and Health issues and the planning and implementation of the Minimum Eco-Footprint Program as these relate to Facilities Management.
- To assist other Heads of Department and the Executive Director in developing and managing the Farm’s capital projects in line with the Farm’s strategic requirements.
- To recommend and obtain user departments' operational requirements and to design, prepare construction drawings and tender documents for the capital projects.
- To administer the contract, conduct site meetings and prepare regular progress reports to management. To inspect completed works, implement and monitor any rectification
identified during the handover.
- To oversee outside Contractors in all aspects of KFBG’s improvement projects, building alterations & additions and building maintenance to ensure its completion according
to time schedule and budget.
- To liaise with consultants for preparing the design and project control program.
- To plan the scope and frequency of the maintenance program for various buildings, water storage and distribution, roads, footpaths, slopes, electrical/mechanical installation
etc. and ensure all maintenance works are carried out.
- To compile and manage the annual operating and capital Budget and Five-Year Plan for the Facilities Department.
- To develop and maintain guidelines, rules and procedures of project management for capital and maintenance projects that ensure effective control of budget, proper approvals,
and quality of workmanship.
- To maintain, manage and develop a list of qualified contractors, within the Procurement Procedure of KFBG.
- To review, advise and comment on the feasibility of projects at their initial planning stage in terms of technical, sustainability and cost requirements.
- To advise, recommend and justify whether there is need of outside consultancy and/or contractors to undertake the construction works.
- Project liaison with end users, project consultant and contractors.
- To assess and manage the performance of the consultants and contractors.
- To report regularly and systematically to the Executive Director on the implementation status of capital projects and maintenance programmes.
- To be a member of the Management Team.
- To organize and supervise the Project Officer, Technical Officers and supervisors for monitoring work progress, quality and site safety procedures.
- To manage the members of the Department, currently around 20 people, made up of engineers and tradesmen.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC
- Excellent command of English and Cantonese (written, spoken and in presentation)
- Degree and professional qualification in a relevant field
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- At least 10 years’ experience in Facilities Management
- Experience in architectural design, preparing tender documents and managing capital projects
- In-depth understanding of fair procurement standards, construction procedures and materials and project management principles
- Commitment to quality, and health and safety standards
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills
- A good team player with strong leadership abilities
- Commitment to training and developing younger engineers and officers
- Valid Type I or II driving license is preferred
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay (Max. 500 words) on:
‘What considerations one should make, regarding nature and people, in delivering successful building projects in
a sensitive, Nature Reserve environment’
to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email by clicking
Personal data will be used for recruitment purpose only.