We are looking for an excellent HK Legal Counsel to add value to and be the “backbone” of our business. You will ensure that the company operates within the framework of the law at all times, offer advice on legal issues, and facilitate in the development of business strategies. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure. You will report directly to General Counsel of our affiliate group.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to eligible candidates.
Secondment opportunities will be offered to qualified employees to our offices in Silicon Valley, Taipei, Beijing and/or Shanghai.
• Look after the legal compliance aspect of money lending business and deal with legal issues in connection therewith
• Draft, review and comment on legal documents, including but not limited to, loan documentation, security documentation and other banking-related documentation
• Ensure the business practices and transactions are within the framework of the law
• Respond to complaints on and investigate alleged violations of rules, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending investigative procedures. Develop and oversee standard of conduct for handling such violations
• Provide advisory service to management on business-related issues and recommend possible solutions to issues and problems
• Assist in maintaining and updating policies and procedures
• Keep abreast of legislative changes and update loan documentation, security documentation and other banking-related documentation in light of the legislative changes
• Liaise with external counsels to manage access to specialized legal services
• Handle various company secretarial matters and supervise external secretarial companies in respect of money lending business
• Legal documentation filing, registration and record keeping
• A qualified Hong Kong lawyer with 3 to 7 years practical experience in the financial services industry and/or banking industry
• Degree holder of relevant qualifications
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to understand complex issues
• Ability to give practical, well-reasoned and well-researched written legal advice
• Excellent command of both spoken and written Chinese and English
• Proven legal counseling experience in a business environment
• Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate, banking, litigations, labor law, etc)
• Ability to independently develop legal strategies and objectives
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• First class interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
• Knowledge of US, PRC, BVI, and Cayman Banking Law is an advantage
The Core Securities Company Limited understands the importance of providing professional wealth management solutions to our clients, The Core Securities combines personalized approach, in-depth expertise, and financial planning tools and resources to build and protect your wealth. Our global market team has a wealth of knowledge, resources, and solutions for all investors. Through our accredited professional advisors, our clients benefit from the expertise of our capital market research, global portfolio advisory, and wealth management services.
Whether you are building on your existing wealth, protecting your family’s financial security, or thinking about your legacy to the next generation, The Core Securities offers a complete array of wealth management services, products and solutions to meet your needs. Trust in our proven expertise to build a wealth management strategy uniquely designed to help you achieve your financial objectives for today and tomorrow.