Triumph is one of the world’s largest intimate apparel companies. It enjoys a presence in over 120 countries with the core brands Triumph® and sloggi®. Globally, the company serves 40,000 wholesale customers and sells its products in 3,600 controlled points of sale as well as via several own online shops. The Triumph Group is a member of the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI).
Learn more about Triumph on: www.triumph.com
Our HR Share Service Center Department at the Triumph office in Hong Kong is looking immediately for a highly motivated
HR Operations Supervisor / HR Operations Assistant Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Ensure that pay runs are conducted as specified and agreed in the annual payroll calendar.
* Capture all data required in order to calculate payroll data for all employees – new starters, leavers, absences, overtime, sickness, contractual changes, bonuses, commissions, expenses etc.
* Distribute pay slips.
* Track payroll errors so that system corrections can be made as needed.
* Contribute to maintaining and updating all payroll processes.
* Deal with employee salary, time management and payroll related queries.
* Provide a professional, end-to-end, HR Administration service to support employee lifecycle procedures and processes that are considered as adding value, measurable, directly tied to business objectives and aimed at increasing employee success and satisfaction.
* Ensure employee data is accurate at all times: update relevant systems and maintain employee files in accordance with Data Protection regulations.
* Support the administration of employee benefits, health insurance, life assurance and pension schemes.
* Administer time, attendance and leave requests.
* Prepare all documentation, ready for signature: offer letters, contracts, amendments, and reference letters.
* Respond to employee requests - ensure that all advice provided is consistent, aligned with business principles, policies, procedures and current local legislation; know when to escalate.
* Take part in maintaining procedures, policy manuals, employee handbook, an FAQ knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering employee/manager inquiries and resolving issues.
* Support annual HR processes according to the global HR Strategy: People Review, Performance Appraisals, Salary & Bonus Review - address issues that require the involvement of the HR Shared Service Centre team.
* Provide support for the organization of training.
Your ideal profile:
* Practical, in-depth knowledge of HR administrative procedures.
* At least three years of customer-facing experience in an HR/ payroll administrative or support role, in a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-cultural work environment.
* Solid understanding of HR processes and systems, particularly payroll-related, and of Employment Law – ability to put knowledge into practice.
* Bachelor’s degree in HR Business or related discipline or equivalent work experience with a specialization in Human Resources.
* Advanced oral and written English.
* Excellent knowledge of Excel.
* Proficient in other Microsoft Office tools – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
* Experience with local payroll systems and applications.
* Experience with time and attendance software.
* Anticipate, identify, diagnose and resolve employee issues affecting business performance
* Exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions that have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
* Handle confidential/ sensitive information.
Triumph offers you an opportunity to work in a dynamic team within an international environment.
Triumph Group is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Triumph is one of the world’s largest intimate apparel companies. It enjoys a presence in over 120 countries with the core brands Triumph® and sloggi®. Globally, the company serves 40,000 wholesale customers and sells its products in 3,600 controlled points of sale as well as via several own online shops. The Triumph Group employs close to 25,000 people and achieves revenues of Swiss Francs 1.58 billion (2016). It is a member of the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI).