The corporation team is responsible for tracking and implementing corporate actions and dividends detachments, update data and client information and works closely with index surveillance and monitoring and index review teams to action index changes into index operations applications (static databases, calculation engine, and instrument research).
Our client is currently expanding its team in Hong Kong and is looking for candidates with hands on and entrepreneurial mind set. Our client is known for providing expertise in 4 key areas: Index Surveillance and Monitoring, Index Review, Corporate Actions and Customer Support and is responsible for index implementation maintenance and regulations.
- Handle the research and implementation of corporate actions for equities (e.g. increases and decreases of capital stocks, IPOs, M&A activities, dividend payments, stock splits, spin-offs, etc.)
- Manage data: sourcing, cleansing and organizing of corporate events, reference and ownership data
- Communication to customers and third party providers regarding corporate actions
- Research different listed asset classes (equities, fixed income) and overall markets; run general research on several index specific topics.
- Hold a university degree in finance, economics or mathematics or equivalent education
- At least 1 to 2 years of professional experience in financial environment (preferable Index Business, Portfolio Business, Asset managers, Product Development or Structuring)
- Have in-depth knowledge of MS Office applications, including MS VBA for Excel and MS Access, databases and SQL.
- Good knowledge of reference and market data applications such as Reuters, Bloomberg, IDC
- European based firm
- Work life Balance
- Spacious working environment
- Diverse culture
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Eliza Cheng on +852 2258 3542.