The role is required to support critical ICT Infrastructure functions for Aesop offices, retail and datacenters for the Asia region but may extend to support for Aesop Digital, Head Office, Global Retail and Office locations. The role will ensure that Aesop networking, systems and security standards are maintained, and will take a proactive role in the development of existing and new systems at datacenters, offices and retail stores. The role materially contributes to administrative efficiencies and the implementation of new processes. The Infrastructure Support Engineer will report to the Global Infrastructure Services manager regarding role duties, BAU and project activities.
Responsibilities include ensuring the reliable operation of Aesop's in-house and cloud-based data and computer networks, infrastructure and systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software and communication links. In addition, there will be a strong focus on supporting our IaaS and SaaS platforms in Azure, AWS, Office 365, and Azure AD. The role may require the processing of escalations from the ICT service desk, including analyzing and resolving end user hardware, software, computer and network problems in a timely and accurate fashion and providing end user training where required. There will be an ongoing requirement to assist the Infrastructure team with improving operational procedure including in the areas of regulatory compliance, security and technical documentation in support of the IT Service Catalog.
Networking and Infrastructure
Cloud (IaaS and SaaS)
- Administer and monitor IaaS and SaaS platforms to ensure high performance and availability, efficient resource costing, proactive diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Administer the Azure AD and IAM platforms including enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- Lead projects in key process improvements as they relate to the cloud based, internal web or client/server implementations environment.
Physical Servers, Systems and Networks
- Manage and monitor physical servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands. Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services as required.
- Manage all network hardware equipment and configuration, including routers, wireless access points, switches, hubs, storage appliances, and UPSs.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Support and Improvement
- Serve as an escalation point for server, desktop, network, IaaS or SaaS issues from the ICT Service Desk; provide timely response.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Assist with developing continuous improvement strategies for the ICT Team, including automation within the server, network systems and at the administrative process level.
- Assist the ICT Infrastructure Manager to develop ICT skills within the team as required.
- Proactively understand and implement on-going training requirements for office and retail staff.
- Fulfill duties in accordance with the Aesop Security Policy.
- Conduct Disaster Recovery, backup integrity and network availability testing on a regular cycle.
- Monitor Infrastructure backups and backup policy.
- Manage and monitor security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server, desktop, mobile device, network and end-user security.
- Assist with monitoring any security platforms, SIEM, Office 365, Azure AD, AWS…
- Assist in designing and implementing data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions, and so on.
- Monitor and implement hardware, firmware and operating system maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
Policy, Reporting and Documentation
- Fill current documentation gaps and maintain existing ICT Infrastructure documentation in alignment with the ICT Service Catalog.
- Develop and maintain training materials as required.
- Update ICT Policies and Procedures as required.
- Maintain a detailed support log as well as Initiative and Project Progress and provide it to ICT Infrastructure Services Manager on a monthly basis for review.
- Maintain and contribute to the ICT knowledge base.
Deliver friendly, courteous, patient, timely and outstanding service to all Aesop staff.
- Maintain status records of support tasks undertaken via centralised helpdesk system.
- On occasion be available to accept and action requests made via email or mobile outside of normal business hours.
- Be available to work flexible hours on occasion as directed by business needs.
- Assist the ICT Infrastructure Manager and other ICT team members to -
- Provide 3rd Level ICT support for all staff at Head Office, retail locations, regional offices and overseas subsidiary locations.
- Provide Primary ICT Support for all staff at Head Office, retail locations, regional offices and overseas subsidiary locations in a backup capacity.
- Troubleshoot user issues & problems
- Coordinate retail support from established external vendors where Aesop resources are inadequate.
- Procure and install systems and equipment for new staff and at new retail locations.
- Ensure the security and integrity of Aesop Offices and retail ICT systems and data.
- Maintain building access and security processes for staff
- Adhere to ICT policies, processes and procedures
- Monitor and enforce ICT security and access policies within the organisation
- Facilitate strong communication between Aesop Offices and retail locations establishing relationships with key retail staff.
- Work on-site at Aesop Retail store locations as required.
- Log in remotely to distributed locations to perform support duties
- Act as an escalation point and provide advice and coaching to Junior support staff
ICT Initiative Implementation and Project Participation
- Direct and manage assigned ICT initiatives or projects from beginning to end.
- Develop plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts.
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project or initiate rollout.