Our client is a US Investment Management firm, with an AUM size of over USD500 billion and 16 offices worldwide. Headquartered in the US, the assist on both institutional and individual investors.
They are currently hiring for a role within the Middle Office team, supporting various operational and project focused related activities within APAC, including trade support, portfolio accounting and data management. The position will serve as a key liaison between customer and suppliers and investment technology areas.
- Leads or participates in cross functional and intra-department efforts. Leads or participates in user acceptance testing efforts around new systems, system enhancements, and new instrument types. With guidance from Middle Office managers/team, design, implement, and maintain solutions that address business needs and achieve strategic goals.
- Evaluates operational processes and control structures when errors occur to identify potential gaps.
- Develops recommendations for change where appropriate and leads efforts to implement change.
- Working with managers and senior managers, contributes to the input and execution of strategies underlying change, repositioning, or growth in the business at the group level. Leads initiatives for implementing such strategies
- Process flow documentation and opportunity identification. With guidance from Middle Office managers/team, implement changes via process change or technology adoption.
- Maintain and improve metrics reporting. Investigate and diagnose root causes of exceptions identified through managers or metrics.
Production & People Support
- Provide production support and back-up managers as required.
- Serve as a liaison to front office staff for new investment initiatives.
- Determine appropriate impact; facilitate and communicate to affected groups.
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff as situations require. Train new staff and maintain training manuals and documentation.
- Works closely with the Investment Staff and as escalation point for broker and custodians, to ensure well-controlled, seamless end-to-end processes. Provide oversight of Service Provider (BNY Mellon) and monitor Service Level Deliverables.
- Stays abreast of technical requirements related to trade processing.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of market-specific requirements related to trade settlement.
- Applies own specialized knowledge, training and experience to enhance the performance of the team.
- Identify monitors and acts upon information about customer requirements and measures how effectively the group is meeting them.
- Works with the team to identify recurring themes in customer satisfaction issues, and recommends and implements solutions aimed at addressing such issues
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of client requirements with respect to trade communications and trade settlement.
- Gives appropriate consideration to such requirements in daily management decisions and problem resolution.
- University graduate preferably in Business Management with related working and some supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and build strong relationships
- Demonstrated initiative to proactively initiate process improvement opportunities
- Ability to manage day-to-day activities with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, self-starter
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management in both the operations and investment sides of the business
- Strong people management / leadership skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experience in trade support for EM markets, corporate actions and pricing
- Strong skills with MS Excel, Visio and related applications
- Good understanding and exposure to the Outsource Provider relationship.
- MS Office proficiency required-included MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.