The role is to provide IT support to the firm both locally and globally. Dependent on the assigned weekly shift, the role will be either local desk side support to the Hong Kong office, or phone and email support to incidents & requests from users globally.
This involves the provision and management of IT hardware and the delivery of IT support to global and regionally agreed service levels. This work will include the recording, diagnosing, monitoring and resolving of request and problems using a call management
system to provide a high-level audit trail for each task.
The strategy for IT Support is to adopt a first-time resolution approach from call placement to call resolution. There will be an element of work outside of normal office hours or call out for urgent tasks to meet business needs.
The management and support of office IT hardware and applications either remotely or locally. Covering the internal IT Support phone line, email inbox and queue system. As well as locally reported incidents and requests. The coordination of support/repair contracts
and the direction of engineering staff supporting the office.
Key responsibilities and challenges
1. The provision and support of office IT hardware to agreed levels.
- Assist with the support of the Linklaters’ technical infrastructure, working to the procedures and policies set by the relevant Operations functional teams (IT Support, Applications Support, Networks & Storage, Server Infrastructure, Email Services, End
User Device Management, Security, Projects and Testing).
- Procure, manage and maintain the office IT equipment and cabling to agreed standards, ensuring safe and suitable function.
- Adhere to the budgetary approval process for all expenditure.
- Provide liaison with external vendors as appropriate.
- Achieve set target’s (KPI’s).
- Adapt and adhere to professional standards and processes to ensure consistency and common practice within IT Support/Technology are met
2. Provide first line application support (productivity tools, business applications and desktop environment) including: problem identification, analysis, diagnosis, and resolution or escalation when necessary
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in relation to the local use and functionality of all Linklaters’ business applications and a knowledge base for any aspects specific to the office in order to enhance the overall level of service provision.
- Assist in resolving problems communicated directly or received over the telephone, e-mail, extranet and web within the agreed timescales and within the parameters of service targets (SLA’s)
- Adhere to call management procedures including escalations. Ensure that the customers and where required, Practice and Technology Team Leaders and Managers are kept informed of the progress for each case.
- Log all requests and fault calls on the Service Now system ensuring all appropriate information is recorded
- Manage local office Service Now queue including ownership of solution and closing of call
- Work with functional teams to identify recurring and common problems and contribute to the developments/solutions which reduce them.
- Assist the ITS Team Leaders in identifying skills and knowledge gaps in the team
3. Monitor all Linklaters IT systems via the Live Maps system on a 24x7 basis.
4. Maintain effective communications with the support centers (Colchester, London, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Singapore) on all support Technologies including: problem status, escalation, policies, procedures, change control and office moves where appropriate.
5. Carry out user administration tasks as needed.
6. Provide agreed training and induction support to staff.
7. Provide active input and ownership of allocated regional and global IT projects.Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
Education / Qualification
- Good analytical skills, able to identify and resolve problems.
- Effective team worker. Good time management, confident and effective telephone technique.
- Self-motivated, takes ownership. Able to work without direct supervision.
- Service Oriented.
- Good Secondary School Education and qualifications or equivalent
- Further education in the IT field will be a bonus
- Good written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Demonstrate aptitude / enthusiasm for IT.
- Support desk experience and/or any other experience in the IT industry, Legal Practice, other corporate will be an advantage
- Capable of supporting MS Office applications
- Able to manually handle IT equipment
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start
up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments
for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch using the contact details on our careers website at www.linklaters.com/careers .
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction,
any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and
deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected
by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance
of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team
so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the
necessary skills for the role as described.