The IT Operations team fills the space between 1st and 3rd line IT activity, progressing issues escalated by the service desk or issues delegated by the IT Infrastructure team.
There is a strong focus and emphasis upon the end user experience and making new technologies work in practice.
This is the senior of the two IT Operations team positions supporting the Hong Kong office. This post has the lead and takes responsibility for communicating and engagement with the local Hong Kong partners.
There is also an IT infrastructure team member on site and the post holder should also seek to build good rapport, interaction and a strong working relationship with that individual to ensure the smooth delivery of IT services
You will be responsible for a range of responsibilities such as:
- Leading the IT Operations team in the Hong Kong office
- Leading the communication with and reporting of issues affecting the Hong Kong office environment to the Asia senior leadership
- Building an effective working relationship and liasing with the Asia based IT Services and IT Infrastructure team staff to deliver required outputs and deliverables
- The spectrum of configuring, deploying, and maintaining desktop computers, mobile devices, printers, multi-function printers, telephones and other office IT hardware both in office and for remote working
- Handling incident and problem tickets that require hands-on user support or are more technically challenging, having been esclated by the Service Desk team
- Supporting IT activities related to ISO 27001 accreditation, in particular managing the IT inventory deployed to Hong Kong office sites
- Desktop deployment and support – Assist with maintenance of the current build and input to the future builds, including application stack integration using Microsoft established methodologies and tools
- Testing and implementing new IT solutions, both hardware and software, in coordination with others. Most commonly this will be driven by the Process Improvement and IT Infrastructure Teams
- Handling local IT procurement and fulfillment of hardware or non-standard software requests
- Any other appropriate IT duty commensurate with your role, experience and ability as may arise from time to time
- Supervision and direction of the other IT Operations team staff in the Hong Kong office
- Maintenance of the business’ documents within the corporate document management solution
- IT solutions related to office security – Access control and monitoring
- Willingness to engage and support internal offices moves / workspace reconfiguration in support of business
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
This position requires an individual with:
- Core knowledge of the Microsoft offering – back end applications
- MS Office proficiency
- IT problem solving aptitude and ability
- Excellent communication skills, dealing tactfully with a variety of people
- Supervisory aptitude or ideally experience within a small team
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Able to work autonomously to complete task
- Enthusiastic team player
- Keen eye with an attention to detail – solid ability to record, catalogue and report issues encountered.
- Able to quickly learn new skills, procedures and methods, and effectively put them into practice
- A minimum of 5+ years experience with Law Firm document management systems or a similar role