West Island School is looking for Finance Assistant on a full-time basis starting from 20 November 2020.
- To be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, primarily associated with accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, petty cash and monthly processing
- This is a permanent full-time position with Annual Leave and Medical Coverage benefits. Anticipated start date will be 20 November, 2020. (Mon-Fri workdays only with 39
hours a week work schedule and No Shifts)
- To prepare, record, verify, analyze and report accounts payable transactions
- To process vendor invoices, expense reimbursement and petty cash payments / in a timely manner, checking for appropriate approval, coding correctly and entering the information
in to Epicor accurately. To deal with queries from vendors and staff
- To manage petty cash - reconcile money in and out and check it against receipts
- To maintain and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports
- To prepare analysis and reconciliations of bill runs to detect fraud
- To ensure that transaction entry verification procedures are followed
- To consolidate accounts for annual extra-curricular activities
- To process purchase orders ensuring compliance with ESFC procurement policies
- To monitor and follow up on creditors on a timely basis
- To manage fixed assets and maintain accurate records in Epicor
- To perform other duties and assume accountabilities as apparent or as delegated to meet the operational needs of the school, including mutually agreed upon objectives
- Diploma in accounting with LCCI with intermediate level
- 2-3 years accounting experience in using financial software system
ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Fluent in oral/written English; knowledge in Cantonese is desirable
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and other Microsoft Applications
- Ability to follow established standards
- Applies competent office administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective communication with different stakeholders including teachers, parents, students, vendors and customers
- Ability to work with children
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting Software
- Enthusiastically embraces new technology
- Use one's own initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and with positive, can-do attitude
- Be self-motivated and work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Mature and detail-oriented
- Attention to detail
- Good team worker is essential
For any enquiries, please contact Rathi NandaKumar @ 28191962
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be
provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting
practices with specific attention to child protection.