Armed with strong financial, commercial and analytical skills, the Finance Business Partner- Retail Property will partner with the Head of Global Retail Property in managing the financial aspects of Aesop's retail property portfolio and strategy.
The role will act as the link between the Retail Property and Finance functions and will be expected to define and implement processes and control improvements where appropriate throughout the Property Lifecyle in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Investment decisions support (new stores, relocations and refurbishments)
- Project spend tracking
- Post-investment evaluations
- Capital expenditure budgeting and reporting
The Finance Business Partner - Retail Property will also perform essential real estate related activities in line with global property strategy
This role reports directly into the Head of Global Retail Property, with a dotted-line reporting to the Head of Finance.
Global: Retail Property, Finance, Strategy, Legal and Global Retail Performance and Productivity teams
Regional: Regional General Managers, Regional Retail Property Managers, Regional Finance
External: Consultants and third parties; whenever necessary
The critical Aesop Capabilities for this role are:
Taking accountability for achieving goals, and tenaciously completing work of consistent excellence.
Building and maintaining the relationships needed to achieve results.
Analysing information and committing to a course of action
Promoting change and creative improvement and adapting effectively to new approaches.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in business related subject or equivalent
- Finance/Accounting Qualification (CA, CPA, CMA or equivalent)
- At least 3-5 years relevant finance experience in the retail industry
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and proactively identify and escalate issues and process improvements
- Detail oriented yet broad based knowledge of the retail and property markets
Capital expenditure management
Owns the financial elements of the Property Lifecycle:
- Capital Expenditure decisions:
- Manages the financial model and presentations required for the approval of new stores, relocations and refurbishments.
- Continuously reviews process and metrics included in the evaluation methodology to ensure the appropriate level of insight is utilised to support the decision-making process.
- Help define and/or evolve the benchmarks and metrics required to support decision-making.
- Design process for tracking project spend tracking and holding key stakeholders into account.
- Work with global Finance team to perform and evolve commercial and financial reporting requirements.
- Design process and methodology for consistent performance review of new stores and comparison to initial plans, to drive forecast accuracy of future investment decisions.
- Works with Retail Operations and Finance on asset impairments decisions.
Responsible for Retail Property Capital Expenditure reporting as per Aesop and Natura & Co group timelines and requirement.
- Produce Retail Property Capital Expenditure actuals reporting and analysis of results vs budget and forecast.
- Support the preparation of Capital Expenditure budgeting and forecasting.
Property Strategy Support
- Act as the business owner of regional and global data and reporting from the global LeaseEagle real estate management platform, including availability of all lease documentation through LeaseEagle.
- Ensure LeaseEagle database accuracy and timing of inputs in accordance with SOX Lease control, partnering closely with local Retail Property and Finance teams.
- Partner with Head of Global Retail Property and Regional General Managers, evaluating all retail opportunities through site selection metrics and criteria, demographic analysis and research to insure the best location, performance and visibility.
- Assist the Head of Global Retail Property in developing tools and guidelines to improve retail KPI's and improve Aesop's portfolio of leases by reducing the financial impact in each markets P&L.
- Support the evaluation of the existing Aesop retail estate and flag lease optimisation, closure, expansion, reduction or relocation recommendations based on performance, market conditions and lease terms.
- Support Head of Global Retail Property with the compilation of regular monthly leasing reports, presentations and other information as required.
- Assist the global Retail Property team in the preparation and production of:
- competitive real estate market analyses
- analyses of existing store portfolio and new store proposals to ensure real estate KPIs are in line with store segmentation parameters and comparable stores
- Additional assignments or special projects as assigned or agreed