Duties: The appointee will be responsible to lead a project team to setup, design and develop CAVEs (CAVE Automatic Virtual Environments) in six secondary schools. Duties include:
- coordinate with different parties to collect user requirements to setup the CAVEs;
- design, develop and maintain VR (Virtual Reality) contents;
- deliver training workshops to participating schools and organize conferences;
- work closely with Quality Education Fund (QEF) Secretariat to report the project progress;
- lead the project team to provide support services to the participating secondary schools, and
- other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: The appointee should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Digital Media or related disciplines plus 4-6 years’ working experience in IT system development. He/She should also possess 1-2 years’ project management and VR related project working experiences. Experience on photo/video production and e-learning course design and development will definitely be an advantage. Work experience in higher education institutions is preferred.
He/She should be independent, able to work under pressure, and have strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese are required.
Candidates with less qualifications or experience will be considered for the grade of IT Officer or Assistant IT Officer.
Terms of Appointment: Salary placement will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send application quoting the reference number to the Human Resources Team, HKU SPACE, 7/F., T. T. Tsui Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong. You may apply online or download an application form at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/jobs
or request one by fax (852) 2540 3271.
Closing Date for Applications: 9 May 2021
The information provided in an application will only be used for the purpose of consideration for appointment by HKU SPACE. Applicants not contacted within eight weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be kept for a maximum period of 24 months.