- Assist the Manager (ES) in the development, consolidation and execution of social support programmes and review the overall operation and administration of the CES Team at respective estate(s) according to the approved business plans and milestones.
- Coordinate with Estate Offices and Occupational therapists for on-going facility improvement and home modification at respective estate(s).
- Liaise and partner with external parties in the collaborative projects/services and build up community networks at respective estate(s), including but not limited to district social service operators, social enterprises, health service providers, hospitals, educational institutes and governmental departments.
- Provide case management for needy tenants, expertise timely referrals to social services and closely liaise with NGOs for subsequent follow-up action to prevent crisis.
- Promote neighborhood support through establishing and developing mutual support networks among tenants and mobilise the volunteer teams in rendering community-building activities at respective estate(s).
- Manage the operation of responsible CES cum Elderly Lounge(s) in attaining the designated service outputs and outcomes, and conduct regular home visits and/or telephone concern calls to the needy tenants.
- Coordinate the working groups of district-based collaborative projects and signature events, including but not limited to the service award ceremonies, festive and thematic carnivals, IT system building and configuration, media interviews and renovation projects.
- Develop and formulate new curriculum/module of training for social support services, and coordinate the related parts of training for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supervise and coach the subordinates to assure the quality of services, manage the team in effective and efficient manner, and report to the management by preparing documentations, such as papers, reports, presentation materials and publications.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor deems appropriate.
- Degree holder or above in Social Work/Social Science and/or Health Science.
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification working experience in Government or related organizations, non-governmental organizations or public organizations.
- Experience in social service delivery, public service project management, and/or community education with administrative and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Mature, good in communication & presentation and able to work independently.
- Motivated with strategic mindset in service development.
- Self-starter with ability to excel in a changing community environment.
- Knowledge in conducting evidence-based study.
- Good PC skill as well as writing skills in both English and Chinese.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to suitable candidates. To apply, please send your application with full resume and reference quoted to Human Resources Manager by fax: 2882 4466 or through online application:https://careers.hkhs.com/
Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
You are welcome to visit our website www.hkhs.com to learn more about us.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Housing Society’s personal data policies which is available in our website and obtainable upon request. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Housing Society and all personal data of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within 6 months upon completion of the relevant recruitment exercises.