What is Beta Labs?
Beta Labs was born out of The Lane Crawford Joyce Group, serving the most iconic clients in the retail industry specifically in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle businesses. We helped brands and retailers with presence in Southeast Asia and Greater China region with Analytics and AI / Machine Learning to achieve operational excellence and personalised customer experience, solving AI / Machine Learning problems on customer personalisation (e.g. Recommender) and optimisation (e.g. Supply Chain – Planning and Merchandising). We aim to develop new data products, which can be the best in Asia tackling retail vertical business problems.
The Lane Crawford Joyce Group is Asia’s pre-eminent luxury lifestyle Group, with more than 450 points of sale and 1.5 million active luxury customers across Greater China and online. Its companies are internationally recognised as benchmarks for retail innovation and creativity. Business Units: Lane Crawford, Joyce Fashion, Joyce Beauty, Pedder Group, ImagineX, Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Sacai, Brooks Brothers, Canada Goose, Club Monaco, Aveda, Augustinus Bader, and more. The Group is affiliated with Wharf, Wheelock, and CitySuper, which are the leading retail conglomerate in Asia across malls, properties, supermarket, and hospitality, if not global.
You will be working with the best and like-minded data talent in town from McKinsey, Asia Miles, Deloitte Digital, Amazon, and with the modern big data infrastructure on Hadoop and Spark. Our research team has published more than 30 papers.
You should possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about Associate Data Scientist with a focus on the end user, we’d like to hear from you. You have to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
Associate Data Scientist
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Being the Associate Data Scientist, you will:
- Mine, manipulate and perform statistical analysis on multiple data sets to build scalable enterprise analytics solutions
- Select features, build and optimize classifiers using various machine learning techniques
- Identify what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources and collaborates with institute subject matter experts to select the best approach
- Applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems
- Generate and validate hypotheses with variety of testing methods (A/B, multi-variate) to measure the impact of ongoing campaigns and retail initiatives
- Scope and define own work by researching and developing new content (Text & Computer Vision) that will drive large business impact opportunities
YOU NEED TO BE…
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree with major in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics or related discipline
- 3-5 Years working with big datasets and on large scale analytical projects
- In-depth knowledge on programming language such as R, Python or SAS to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Extensive background in statistics concepts, such as distributions, hypothesis testing, regression
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark,, MySQL, etc
- Must-have knowledge on a variety of machine learning techniques including clustering, decision trees, neural networks and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience with data visualization tools/packs, such as Power BI, Tableau etc
- Nice to have: Working knowledge in NLP techniques such as topic modelling, named-entity recognition. semantic analysis, intent recognition etc.
- Nice to have: Working knowledge in image processing techniques such as image segmentation, Feature Matching, Image classification, Edge and Contour Detection techniques etc
- Preferred background in retail, loyalty, ecommerce or consulting
- Good command of written and spoken English
WE OFFER YOU…
- Up to 15 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Birthday leave
- 5-day marriage leave
- Dental care
- Medical insurance
- Professional retail training
- Annual bonus
- Staff purchase discount
- Monthly MPF contribution up to 10% of salary
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment purpose. The Company may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the associated Group of companies.For more information of ImagineX Group, please visit our web site at http://www.imaginex.com.