What is Beta Labs?
Beta Labs was born out of The Lane Crawford Joyce Group, serving the most iconic clients in the retail industry specifically in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle businesses. We helped brands and retailers with presence in Southeast Asia and Greater China region with Analytics and AI / Machine Learning to achieve operational excellence and personalised customer experience, solving AI / Machine Learning problems on customer personalisation (e.g. Recommender) and optimisation (e.g. Supply Chain – Planning and Merchandising). We aim to develop new data products, which can be the best in Asia tackling retail vertical business problems.
The Lane Crawford Joyce Group is Asia’s pre-eminent luxury lifestyle Group, with more than 450 points of sale and 1.5 million active luxury customers across Greater China and online. Its companies are internationally recognised as benchmarks for retail innovation and creativity. Business Units: Lane Crawford, Joyce Fashion, Joyce Beauty, Pedder Group, ImagineX, Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Sacai, Brooks Brothers, Canada Goose, Club Monaco, Aveda, Augustinus Bader, and more. The Group is affiliated with Wharf, Wheelock, and CitySuper, which are the leading retail conglomerate in Asia across malls, properties, supermarket, and hospitality, if not global.
You will be working with the best and like-minded data talent in town from McKinsey, Asia Miles, Deloitte Digital, Amazon, and with the modern big data infrastructure on Hadoop and Spark. Our research team has published more than 30 papers.
You should possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about Developer with a focus on the end user, we’d like to hear from you. You have to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Being the Developer, you will:
- Develop and design cloud native applications
- Build and design database systems across SQL and NoSQL
- Integrate with various data management platforms
- Write readable and quality code with unit testing
YOU NEED TO BE…
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant discipline
- More than 2 years hands-on experiences in data analysis and data visualization using Python
- More than 2 years hands-on experience in SQL and NoSQL database
- More than 2 years hands-on experience in Restful API
- Hands-on experience of Docker and k&s is a plus
- At least 1 year hands-on experience in front-end coding
- Knowledge in HTML and CSS is preferred
WE OFFER YOU…
- Up to 15 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Birthday leave
- 5-day marriage leave
- Dental care
- Medical insurance
- Professional retail training
- Annual bonus
- Staff purchase discount
- Monthly MPF contribution up to 10% of salary
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment purpose. The Company may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the associated Group of companies.