About the job
The role will work alongside colleagues to support the Team Head in development of boys and menswear designs & styles aligned with customer needs. The role will be responsible to oversee design projects from conception to delivery. She/ He will develop designs for new product ideas or enhancements to existing products, including specifications, sketches with a clear & focused concept for development and sample production. The role must work to also evaluate the design’s overall effectiveness, reliability, cost and safety. Must also provide technical advice and liaise with sample rooms, merchandisers, manufacturing partners and other internal teams as needed.
Role & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should possess the below attributes:
- Work with Team Head and team to understand customer needs to provide design and development services to meet customer’s requirement;
- Oversee all design projects from conception to delivery;
- Prepare presentation to design original pieces including sketch with illustration, CAD artwork, color, etc.
- Partner with the Sourcing teams to source suppliers and materials and with Merchandising teams to support them on design of new styles as requested by customer;
- Drive and compile initial costing for all styles in development by partnering with Design and Technical teams;
- Support in identifying & evaluating potential vendors to meet current and future sourcing needs by suggesting and driving creative solutions to product pricing challenges;
- Support in EPIC Studio design and samples to showcase in house product capabilities as per trends analysis and market research to enhance EPIC’s capabilities. Design showroom layout and coordinate showroom setup;
- Create product technical/functional design specifications based upon input gathered from R&D, Product Development, Marketing Intelligence resources;
- Oversee time and actions for all styles in development, ensure risk assessment is communicated and drive solutions, keeping accurate records of all developments and changes in the within product team areas;
- Communicate with internal teams to manage the design process and development ensuring product details meet concept, sample as well as bulk production criteria;
- Research and analyze seasonal trends, concepts and styling. Create detailed specification and construction details;
- Strong in illustration skill and able to deliver creative and focused visual presentation with support of supervisor;
- Perform other adhoc duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent creative, fashion and aesthetic sense;
- Good technical skills in apparel construction especially in boys/menswear;
- Good technical knowledge in fabric, washing (dyeing), printing, embroidery, embellishment techniques, and size grading specification;
- Capability to deliver execution with commercial sense of different markets;
- Able to work independently with a can-do attitude to meet multiple project deadlines;
- Team player, communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholder’s cross-functionally and in a multi-cultural work environment and time management skills;
- Attention to details with the ability to multi tasks to meet the assigned project deadlines;
- Autonomous, pro-active work attitude and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Being able to propose out of the box ideas and creative concepts, but still stick to our brand.
- Degree in Clothing, Textile, Apparel/Fashion Design or related discipline;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, CAD, MS Office tools;
- Candidates with more experience may be considered for Assistant Manager role.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including medical insurance, double pay and 5 days week and good career opportunities to the qualified candidate. Interested candidates, please email full resume with expected salary to Human Resources Department by clicking 'Apply now'.
For company information, please refer to the web site www.EpicHK.com.
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.