Reporting to the Director of Field Human Resources, the incumbent of this position is responsible to develop, plan, organize and deliver HR services and initiatives in the region to enable MSFHK in becoming a responsible employer.
Field Worker Psycho-social support
- Offers the psychosocial briefing in preparation of mission when requested by the field worker, provides the systematic emotional debriefing to all field workers returning from mission assignments, and organizes the referral to external psychologists in case of need of psychological follow-up.
- Provides the systematic briefings to all First mission field workers. Ensuring that FM field workers are aware of the psychosocial support systems available to them throughout their mission.
- Be available for coordinated or sometimes unscheduled requests for field support sessions of field workers via Skype/MS Teams/Whatsapp
- Create and maintain therapist/psychologist network in the region covered by MSF HK including Asian countries e.g. the PRC, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc., for those field workers who so require.
- Promote mental health awareness for field workers and office staff
- Strictly maintain client confidentiality and adhere fully to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct during the course of duty.
- In the event of a critical incident and emergency situations, working closely with FHRM and FHRD by giving them advise and provide psychosocial support with the assistance of operational centers if requested.
- Data gathering of all contacts/interactions with field workers and maintain complete records of interviews, updating case notes, writing client reports, and completing relevant forms. Track and monitor service utilization rates and provide systematic feedback.
- Develop, lead, deliver, and/or facilitate mental health workshops e.g. mental resilience, stress management, etc.
Collaborations and Networking with other Psycho-social Support Units (PSUs) in the movement
- Collaborate with the psychosocial referent of Operational Center Brussels, complementing and helping to improve the quality of the service provided and the support given to field workers while respecting confidentiality.
- Attend the annual psychosocial intersectional meeting, and participate in trainings and other professional development activities as may be deemed necessary for the effective performance of duties.
- Attend regular clinical supervision sessions.
Supporting MSF HK’s employer branding strategy
- Occasional internal/external speaking engagements through events focusing on and creating awareness of Staff Mental Health in the field.
- Supporting the recruitment process through participation in the field worker recruitment interviews during the assessment center stage.
Supporting the psycho-social activities, initiatives and interventions within the SEEAP PSU
- Developing content for, and facilitating trainings for coordination positions in the field on relevant mental health and well-being topics.
- Support research of local psychological service providers in SEEAP-based missions as required.
- Support awareness-raising activities to promote staff mental health services in target missions within SEEAP.
- Provide support to the SEEAP PSU in training and supervision of the network of local psychologists.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Psychology
- Good knowledge of the different therapeutic schools
- Real interest in humanitarian works
- Minimum 3-5 years postgraduate experience in counselling and/or direct clinical services
- Experience in conducting workshops/ seminars/ and group sessions
- Experience in stress management and conflict management
- Experience in supervision is an advantage
- MSF / humanitarian experience is highly preferable
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Good command of an Asian language (e.g. Mandarin, Bahasa, Tagalog) is an added advantage to liaise with multilingual associates
- Willing to undertake frequent travel and to work outside a 9-5 schedule
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail via "Apply Now". Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.