- Assist in the delivery of programmes and events organized by the Career and Leadership Centre (CLC) [such as CAReer Launch Scheme (CARLS) 2.0, Virtual Global Work Attachment Programme (Virtual GWAP) and CityU e-Career Summer Fair];
- Provide logistics and technical support to career education and consultation services, Campus Internship Scheme (CIS), Government Summer Jobs and Student Helper Management System;
- Answer phone calls and handle email enquiries received by CLC hotline and mailbox;
- Assist in handling employers’ enquiries and requests for recruitment talks, promotion, job postings, and internships in the assigned industries;
- Update employer database for employer outreach and QS ranking exercise; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Working outside office hours for supporting events and activities will be required.
Requirements : 5 passes in HKCEE/HKDSEE including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics with at least 2 years’ relevant working experience.
Ideal candidates should be proactive with a strong sense of responsibility, open-minded with flexibility, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary offered will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include leave, medical and dental consultations at the campus clinic.
Information and Application
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking #48, and #4 among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2021); #1 in the World’s Most International Universities (THE survey 2020); #1 in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (ARWU survey 2016); and #1 Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2019).