CHANGE YOUR FUTURE AND THE FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN HONG KONG. JOIN OUR TEAM.
Our staff are creative, collaborative, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. They embody our core values and believe in our vision and mission. If you enjoy a work environment that is challenging, rewarding and making an impact, we invite you to consider a career with Mother’s Choice.
The physiotherapist's overall role is to improve movement, mobility, and physical function for children with mental, physical, neurological issues, or other associated disabilities. This position works with other team members, namely occupational therapists, speech therapists, child care workers, registered nurses, social workers, and others as necessary. The physiotherapist is a vital member of the Early Intervention team that provides consultation and supports children under Mothers Choice care.
- Give assessment, treatment, and evaluation to children with muscle strength, physical function, range of movement, and mobility concerns for children in Child Care Home and our outreach service.
- Prepare Individual Education Program (IEP) for child care workers/carers/parents to work individually with the children. Evaluate and record progress and update IEP.
- Advise specialist equipment for children to maintain and improve physical function.
- Advice on environmental alterations to enhance mobility.
- Liaise/collaborate with external professionals such as physiotherapists from the hospital regarding case management.
- Supervise and train child care workers, carers, and parents in the delivery of therapeutic exercise
- Learn and utilize the Mothers Choice reporting system for case notes and update information regularly.
- Prepare written reports for general recording, medical appointments, follow-up clinics, kindergarten, adoption agency, etc.
- Procure and maintain equipment as necessary.
- Conduct training to staff, parents, carers, and volunteers.
- Communicate with multidisciplinary team and child care workers regarding treatment schedule and update.
- Attend Case Review meetings and provide case summary, assessment, and progress charts as relevant.
- Attend staff meetings as arranged.
Other duties as required
- Participate in staff training programs and other relevant professional meetings as required.
- Undertake professional development activities to ensure update of knowledge.
- Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy or above, or equivalent;
- Registered in Supplementary Medical Professions Council in Hong Kong with valid practicing certificate;
- With a minimum of two years of experience in working with young children with special needs preferred;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (preferred);
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skill;
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Must share the commitment of Mother's Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, full resume quoting the job reference number (Ref: JDB/210416/PT) and expected salary to Assistant Director, Human Resources, Mother’s Choice Limited, 10 Borrett Road, Mid-Levels, Hong Kong; email [email protected] org; fax 2525 7445