The Tour Manager will oversee the scheduling and execution of tours across Asia Pacific. Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure tour schedule and locations is aligned with corporate objectives. Maintain good relationship with external stakeholders to make certain presentation quality is up to Christie’s standard. The Manager will provide operational and logistical feedback to support future tour development strategy and planning.
Job Functions (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
• Work with Regional Offices to find suitable venues, negotiate contracts and make recommendation on touring location
• Contribution to annual tour calendar development with various logistical and strategical input
• Prepare, maintain and manage tours and exhibitions calendar, whilst ensuring keep the Global Programming Committee up-to-date
• Regularly join AOC meeting to ensure alignment btw touring properties and regional business development strategic goals
• Set execution timelines and lead stakeholder meetings and attend Marketing kick-off meetings
• Assist regional offices to source and manage vendors for new location and negotiate contracts
• Ensure all tour locations have up-to-date site surveys from Security and all necessary certificates of insurance / permit are on file
• Manage tour budgets, streamline cost allocation and budget approval processing
• Provide full cost breakdown & estimates, in particular during early stages of business getting
• Manage execution of tours; liaise with Marketing, Art Departments, Regional offices, Art Transport, Security, Insurance, and Operations on planning, budgeting, organization, and presentation of tours within Asia Pacific region
• Work with specialist departments, art transport, security and legal to advise on tour and property feasibility (special location import/export regulation, luxury properties risk, …)
• Act as a principal liaison between selling / touring sites, CAT, Gallery Operations and Business Director on planning exhibitions and tours both locally and internationally
• Consolidate tour runner and manage property movement with CAT team
• Manage installation timeline with event schedule and other site-specific requirements
• Liaise with offsite venue management to handle on-site issues
• Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps and departments feedback and incorporate learning into future plans.
• Travel for tour schedule on an ‘as needed’ basis
• Consolidate and report on operational tour KPIs
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years of equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years operation experience in event management in auction, museum or gallery setting. Knowledge in shipping and artwork installation a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Strong organizational, analytical, managerial and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Uphold Christie’s Core Values of Teamwork, Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Business Judgment and Integrity
World’s Leading Auction House
Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise, as well as international glamour.
Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie's has since conducted the greatest and most celebrated auctions through the centuries providing a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers over 450 auctions annually in over 80 categories,
including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $100 million.
Christie’s, the world's leading art business, had global auction and private sales. Our sales figures were driven by an increase in new buyers across all geographies coming to the market, including from growth markets such as China and through the Internet.
Christie's also has a long and successful history conducting private sales for its clients in all categories.
Christie’s has a global presence with 53 offices in 32 countries and 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai, Zürich, and Hong Kong. More recently, Christie’s has led in growth markets such as Russia, China, India and the Middle East, with successful sales, exhibitions and initiatives in Shanghai, Moscow, Baku, Beijing, Mumbai, Delhi, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai.