CHINA MOBILE HONG KONG COMPANY LIMITED ("CMHK") is the wholly-owned subsidiary of China Mobile Limited (HKEx: 941) (NYSE: CHL), which ranks 56th on the Fortune Global 500.
Our company strives to offer superior service experience and to become the preferable digital partner for customers. We are preserving an environment with trust, responsibility and caring. At CMHK, we commit to maximizing people’s potential and paving the way toward success for every striver. We are now inviting high caliber professional to join us.
Department: System Operation & Maintenance - Database Administrator
In this position, you will:
- Daily operation and maintenance of core database to ensure it is running stable and reliable. Database version: oracle 11g and 12c, MySQL 5.7
- Work with developer to review and deploy SQL, handle deployment request in production & UAT environment
- Create a reliable backup strategy. Ensure database backups are appropriately executed and periodic restorations are exercised to ensure backup quality.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans
- Determine and document DB policies, procedures and standards
- SQL and DB Performance tuning to identification of bottle necks and deadlock issues.
- Ensure SLA's & operational KPI’s are met, alert monitoring and working as necessary with internal and external support functions to resolve issue
- Ad-hoc projects for database installation, configuration, patching, upgrading and resiliency implementation
To be successful in this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Information System, Information Technology or Related Disciplines
- At least 5 years or above of experience in Database Administration
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) and ITIL certification is a must
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows platforms and strong Oracle RDBMS management, MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience include DB design, DB security, capacity planning, performance tuning, storage management, back-up and recovery, managing tables, schemas, report generation and DB clustering technologies,DB management tools (DB backup, RAC, Data Guard, OGG)
- DB Architecture design principles.
- Good problem solver, focused with ability to work on your own as well as with a team.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
- Vendor management and communication skill is required.
- Proficient in English, Chinese and Mandarin communication both in spoken and writtenExperience with memory database is an advantage
- Familiar with Chinese Company Culture is an advantage
When you work:
- 5 days work
- 8 hours per day
What you enjoy:
- Double pay
- Discretionary bonus
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Education subsidies
- Birthday gift
- Birthday leave
- Staff discount
CMHK is committed to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer exceptional benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging environment. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only.
Please submit your application to us by clicking the APPLY NOW button and send your full resume with your availability, current and expected salary to us.