Prenetics is one of the largest diagnostics and genetic testing companies globally. With a team of more than 400 and with over US$60 million in strategic funding from Alibaba, Ping An Ventures, New World Development and more, the group has been pivotal in the fight against COVID-19. To date, Prenetics has performed more than 2 million PCR tests in Hong Kong and in the United Kingdom. Prenetics works closely with both governments and came to international fame when it helped resume the season with the English Premier League and set up COVID-19 testing operations in airports globally, including Hong Kong International Airport and Heathrow Airport.
Furthermore, the group recently made an acquisition of an Oxford University spin-out company, whom had developed a rapid COVID-19 test, with accurate results in 20 minutes. The group also operates two leading direct to consumer DNA platforms, CircleDNA and DNAFit.About the role
Prenetics is seeking an experienced, self-motivated secretarial profession who will be a key player in supporting Prenetics’ group corporate governance and ensuring external regulators’ compliance to drive the Company’s continued growth and global expansion.
This position will be responsible for performing group and subsidiaries company secretarial support. You will be a detail orientated person who has solid experience on handling secretarial support to provide professional advice to the board to ensure that the company complied with all the rules of good corporate governance framework. The ideal candidate will be eager and excited about taking on challenges and responsibilities, and willing to offer help to other team members to meet tight deliverable deadlines.What you will be doing:General Secretarial Support Responsibilities:
Listing Compliance Responsibilities:
- Handle full spectrum of company secretarial matters independently
- Maintain and monitor various records keeping including statutory filing correspondence in various jurisdiction, and corporate structural changes
- Act as key person in-charge in developing a clear and concise Enterprise Document Management process/structure to maintain systematics filling on corporate contracts and internal documents
- Organize and facilitate company meetings including broad, directors, various committees and annual general meetings (e.g. preparation and/or review of meeting materials such as resolutions, presentations, agendas, new directors’ orientation)
- File the appropriate documentations to relevant authorities to meet the compliance requirement (e.g. appointment or resignation of companies and other various corporate changes)
- Manage banking related documentations for all the corporate bank accounts (e.g. drafting of board resolution on account opening and changing of bank signing arrangements)
- Draft of internal company policies to meet external compliance and regulations
- Work closely with the Finance team to review and provide advice regarding analyst/investor materials, disclosure issues, and financial statements
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external parties, including solicitors, agents and regulatory bodies
Our candidate must have:
- Advise on transactions and corporate matters
- Handle/prepare disclosure of interest and maintenance of various registers to fulfill Listing Rule’s requirements
- Draft of announcement, circular and related corporate communications
- Manage corporate governance and director report
- Coordinate on Corporate Share Option Scheme’s arrangement including issuance of grant letter, exercise of shares and follow up with settlement
- Assist in annual audit and internal audit
- Provide support, research and analysis of corporate governance and secretarial matters
Our ideal candidate would also have, but not required:
- Bachelor degree holder with at least 4 years’ experience in company secretarial matters for listed companies
- Chartered member of HKICS/ICSA or legal profession with sound understanding on financial reporting is highly preferable
- Well versed with Hong Kong Listed Rules, Takeovers Codes, Hong Kong Companies Ordinance and other relevant rules and regulations
- Sound understanding on financial reporting is preferable
- Good command of written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Able to work independently under pressure with positive thinking mentality
- Proactively to acquire knowledge on understanding the law and regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions
- Detail oriented and good organizing skills with sound business acumen
- Excellent management skills and communication skills are required
- Enjoys the dynamism of Prenetics culture (fast-paced start up office style, shifting priorities, an "all hands on deck" approach)
What Are Our Core Values?
- Previous experience working with / for Hong Kong publicly listed company and / or IPO
- Knowledge of financial reporting and share option treatments
- Familiar with PRC Enterprise Law and CAS
- Less experienced candidates would be considered for Assistant Manager.
- Customer Happiness : We need to do everything we can to make our customers happy.
- Be Open and Transparent : The more open we are with our business, the more we can earn trust and credibility.
- Adapt To & Embrace & Drive CHANGE : Change may sometimes be unsetting, especially if it is unwanted or unexpected, yet, it is the only constant, where we must evolve as our customers expect more and as our competitive landscape becomes more demanding.
- Walk the Talk : If you say you will do something, you better make sure you complete your task by the date it needs to get completed.
- TEAMWORK : The best leaders are the ones that listen and at Prenetics here, our management understands from and crafts by listening to our team members to enable them to do their best.
- Be PROACTIVE : Being proactive is taking initiative in a situation. Being the first to step up and say, hey “i can do this”.
- Be Passionate & Determined: Passion. Period. Sure we can do a job---anyone or any organization can just get the job done. But to get the job done exceptionally well? That takes passion.
- Be Humble : Arrogance is self-destructive in the long run and though we take pride in our roles and results, we at Prenetics here, always live by that “we are only as good as our last month”.
- Move Fast : Moving fast is one of a startup's greatest abilities. If you believe in something, get on it and get it done. Don't over think it, and just move.
- Do Epic Shit : Building great and big things means taking risks. This can be often times scary and prevents companies from doing the big things they should be.