Exciting Opportunity to join Life Insurer’s expanding Underwriting Team.
Our client has a long-standing presence in the Hong Kong market with entities across the Globe and is a part of a greater remit in the Insurance industry.
Exciting new role for you
You will be a part of the Underwriting Team where you’ll be responsible to manage a team of 6
• Underwrite cases within defined authority and supervise to maintain the team’s service level commitment on daily new business and underwriting submission to achieve company’s target
• Familiar with underwriting related insurance regulatory rules and guidelines, to identify, interpret and incorporate into company business models and underwriting philosophy with compliance
• Coach and supervise underwriters through review on daily underwriting assessment, sharing on underwriting meetings for the team and conduct training sessions
• Liaise with internal sales channels to facilitate smooth underwriting process and communications with business partners
• Facilitate relationship building and mutual understanding via trainings to internal sales channels
• Work on internal underwriting and cross-departmental projects such as conduct system enhancement plan and UAT, participate in product development to input on behalf of underwriting area etc.
• Assist department head in preparing reports and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Degree Holder with professional insurance qualifications such as FLMI, ALU
• Minimum 8 years solid underwriting experience in life insurance with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
• Underwriting medical authority of not less than extra mortality 100%, with high net worth experience preferable
• Experience at project initiatives, including system projects of writing test plans and conducting UAT
• Sound product knowledge with competitive business mind
• Good integrity, quality-oriented, good interpersonal and communications skills
• A solutions thinker, strong analytical skills and independent
• Open minded, flexible, proactive and stress positive
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese
• Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
PERSOLKELLY is one of the largest recruitment companies in Asia Pacific providing comprehensive end-to-end workforce solutions to clients. Headquartered in Singapore, the company was established in 2016 and is a joint venture between Kelly Services, Inc. and affiliates of PERSOL HOLDINGS Co. Ltd.
Today, PERSOLKELLY operates more than 45 offices across 13 markets including Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The Asia Pacific region isn’t just our focus, it’s our specialty. We combine our regional expertise with industry experience and local market understanding. Our continuum of services begins with solutions for temporary or contract staffing, permanent placement and extends to holistic workforce solutions.
Employment Agency Licence No. 64912