Purpose Of The Job
To assist the CFM to manage, motivate and develop the on-site Data Centre Critical Environment Operations team in a business critical 24/7/365 operating environment, providing the 2 service lines to the client of CE and FM. To assist the CFM to manage and develop a professional relationship with the client locally to create a positive customer experience. To help deliver a performance level which achieves and beats the KPI's and SLA's set down in the contract with the client. To help lead, motivate and develop the CBRE team on the site and to ensure that the culture and standards on the site are consistent with the culture and standards established by CBRE on the other client sites in other countries. To audit and monitor the on-site operations team's efficiency and to develop efficiencies and innovations that benefit the client and CBRE.
This role is responsible for all strategic and tactical aspects of the FM and Critical Environment operations including, but not limited to, FM, electrical, mechanical, monitoring, control systems & Asset Management operations, and CERM processes.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment, recognition/reward and appraisal systems.
- Deliver effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Create a learning environment on the site by providing the appropriate training and development planning for each member of CBRE staff. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full future potential.
- Talent manage staff to ensure an appropriate training plan and career progression is identified.
- Ensure that across the 2 services we provide for the client at the site (CE and FM) that effective and efficient systems are in place to: Plan the work ahead, manage the work daily on the ground, communicate the issues around the work to the key stakeholders and measure our performance at completing work on time and the performance of our staff.
- Effectively co-lead management related activities including regular management meetings; development of operational procedures; fostering of good relationships with the client; providing services of the highest standards.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Data Centre Critical Environment Operations team within the specified sites.
- Assist the CFM to manage annual contract budgets and accounts. Assist to produce site related financial, activity and other statistical information and reports as requested. To provide input into regular management reports and Budget submissions and reviews.
- Assist the CFM being the point of contact during significant events or multi-discipline technical escalations occurring within the specified sites.
- As necessary, participate in any business continuity plans the team may be involved in.
- Ensure data centre operations and CBRE business policies and processes including CERM processes are complied with at your sites i.e. effectively communicated, implemented and adhered to within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and CBRE health and safety policy's and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors activities, and are regularly reviewed.
- Help to ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence and equipment reliability and availability. Help to ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place, monitoring staff retention rates and ensuring staff training & development plans are produced and implemented.
- Ensure all absence is fully covered by suitably trained and experienced staff to ensure full 24/7 coverage.
- Ensure appropriate control systems are in place to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensure a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts. Ensuring contractually agreed SLA's and KPI's within the Scope of Works (SOW) are met and necessary record retention demonstrating adherence.
- Plan and schedule all maintenance subcontractors works and repairs. Ensure all accounts and documentation associated with these subcontractors is current and up to date on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all subcontractors deliver a quality and competent service and that all contractual obligations are met.
- Reach out to and liaise with global peers to ensure consistency across the accounts and compliance with client standards and best practice.
- Manage and deliver repairs and minor project works, as required, within the data centre.
- Promote and maintaining the core Values of CBRE.
- Develop effective working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and the Client representatives.
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors at all times.
- Assist the CFM to provide client and internal presentations via board room meeting format with the aid of suitable visual aids (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Manage other tasks as directed by the CFM and the senior management team.
- Must understand all the associated safety code related requirements relative to providing the service. Experience with Health & Safety Risk Assessments and Control Measures.
- Experience of maintaining critical & temperature control conditioned environments.
- Detailed understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Air handling units, chilled water systems, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems (pre-action sprinklers).
- Prior operations management experience including team management, work scheduling, and performance reviews
- Prior exposure to maintenance scheduling and subcontractor management and supervision.
- Strong understanding of ticketing or workflow management systems and tools. Familiar with CMMS and assets management.
- Experience of managing escalation and emergency issues.
- Experience in vendor management, ability to manage and monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved for outsourced support and projects.
- Familiarity with ISO/FISMA audit processes and documentation.
- Practical experience must include recruitment and line management/supervisory experience.
- The development and review of teams, appraisal, and the application of effective people management practice.