Responsibilities:Reporting to the Meter Engineer, the appointee will mainly perform the following responsibilities:
- To assist the Meter Engineer in supervising and carrying out the work for high voltage and summation metering schemes, Remote Meter Reading and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- To perform various technical assignments such as job planning, procurement, stock management, quality control, evaluations and testing of new hardware and software, inspections and testing of metering schemes, and managing the equipment and accessories associated with site work
- To perform work in compliance with the quality and asset management systems and maintain accreditation
- To assist in preparing tender specifications and evaluations, reporting and other documentation work
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines with qualifications leading to Corporate Membership of HKIE
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the electrical or electronic function, ISO quality and asset management systems or communication technologies
- Good Knowledge of Metering principles and electrical system design, Supply Rules and Guide to Connection of Supply, Code of Practice for the Electricity (Wiring) Regulations and other related legislations
- Good command of English and Chinese languages, both spoken and written
- Holder of a valid driving license for Class 1
Candidates with less relevant experience may be considered for the position of Engineer III.
Work location: North Point
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume (in PDF format) with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries and contact number to the Senior Manager (Human Resources Services), The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. on or before 5 May 2021 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.