Reporting to the Meter Engineer, the appointee will mainly perform the following responsibilities:
- To assist the Meter Engineer in supervising and carrying out the operations related to Remote Meter Reading including systems operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and replacement or participate in the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) project including project management, development, testing, operations and quality control
- To carry out design, development and testing for metering, AMI and IT related hardware and software
- To coordinate and support a small IT network; carry out cybersecurity related work and perform auditing for safety, quality and asset management systems
- To assist in preparing tender specifications and evaluations, reporting and other documentation work
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines with qualifications leading to Corporate Membership of HKIE
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience, preferably with the knowledge of project or IT network management, metering and communication technologies or ISO quality management systems
- Good knowledge of data analytics, metering principles and electrical system design an advantage
- Good command of English and Chinese languages, both spoken and written
- Holder of a valid driving license for Class 1
Candidates with less relevant experience may be considered for the position of Engineer III.
Work location: North Point
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume (in PDF format) with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries and contact number to the Senior Manager (Human Resources Services), The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. on or before 5 May 2021 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.