PREFACE COFFEE & WINE - Blending Coffee, Education, Technology & Lifestyle in one place
We used to think of classroom as a utilitarian space in which our imagination found limits. However, classroom ought to be where curiosity takes off. Preface Coffee & Wine is an imagination of how the future of classroom would be - a space in which everyone is free to learn, express and share. Knowledge shouldn’t be exclusive, but as accessible as a neighbourhood cafe where anyone can engage in meaningful conversations over some good brews.
We are on the lookout for fun, passionate, hardworking and professional personalities to join our team!
- Manage business operations such as contract negotiation, inventory control, budgets, daily opening and closing, weekly and monthly cleaning etc.
- Be responsible for menu planning and design
- Maintain good customer relationships and boost guest retention
- Maintain a high level of service standard, including but not limited to wine quality, storage condition, bar cleanliness, equipment maintenance etc.
- Accountable for Wine Service Team’s performance, including but not limited to their customer service skills, wine knowledge, grooming, behaviours, store hygiene and safety standards etc.
- Create effective work schedules, manpower arrangement and quickly resolve conflicts to ensure that the bar is well staffed during peak hours
- Ensure bar cleanliness, equipment maintenance and provide safety workplace for staff
- Provide regular staff training including wine knowledge, customer service skills, upselling skills, product knowledge, seasonal menu training etc. He / She will need to establish relevant learning materials and resources available for staff to continue their professional development
- Ensure the team follows local regulations in serving alcoholic beverages
- Possess around 5 years of relevant experience in hospitality industry, especially in wine bars or restaurants serving premium wines, of which 2 years with a supervisory or managerial capacity
- Sommelier experience will be advantageous
- Possess WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (Or Wine & Spirits) qualification or CMS Certified Sommelier qualification is highly preferred
- Experience in dealing with wine supplies, organizing wine events, and knowledge in food and wine pairing
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, with a strong business mindset