Job Title: Research Assistant
Department: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Job ID: 6108
Job Posting Details
The appointee will be responsible for the administrative aspects of the research project. Functioning as an administrative research assistant with the below duties descriptions:
- Render end-to-end administrative support to research/academic/co-curricular projects by preparing project deliverables and compile progress reports in accordance with the project scopes and timelines.
- Assist in project procurement and financial management against the budgetary outline and handle the respective administration in support of the execution of projects.
- Provide logistical support to a series of events organization including travel arrangement and scheduling pertaining to the project initiatives.
- Assist in the administration and editorial work of an academic journal to facilitate the production and publishing of the journal.
- Coordinate with vendors on the development and distribution of publicity materials/website and event logistics in compliance with the project guidelines.
- Handle departmental office administration and secretarial duties by assisting in the compilation of reports/ official documents and office budgeting to ensure the smooth running of office.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in his academic duties so that he can focus more on the research of a theme-based research project.
- Provide secretarial support to the Project Coordinator, e.g. typing, preparing PPT slides etc.
Applicants should have a recognized bachelor's degree; have good knowledge in IT and software applications (including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation tools and data management); be self-motivated and attentive to details; possess a strong sense of responsibility; be able to multi-task and produce quality work under pressure and tight timelines; have a pleasant personality, good interpersonal, communication and co-ordination skills with a problem-solving mindset; be able to work independently but also be a good team player with solution-driven mindset; and have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.(Duration: 1 year, renewable subject to performance and funding availability)
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided.
In support of a green work environment, we accept applications submitted online only. To apply, please complete an online application form through the HKUST Careers website (https://hkustcareers.ust.hk) and return it online to the Human Resources Office on or before Sunday, 9 May 2021. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement by email upon successful submission. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of the application.