The Documentation Localization team is a hardworking group of individuals dedicated to bringing Apple’s products to the world. Our team is responsible for producing print and digital documentation for Apple hardware and software in up to 40 languages. Deliverables include items such as graphics for in-App user help content, App welcome screens, printed information booklets, online user guides, ePubs for iBooks, and product packaging for Apple hardware products. See examples of some of these deliverables at http://support.apple.com/manuals.
- Extensive experience with Adobe tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Advanced experience using macOS and iOS platforms
- Past experience in a production design setting
- Strong communication, organization and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate colleagues
- Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced production workplace
- Inventive, adaptable, results-oriented with high energy and a positive personality
- Passion and track record for innovation and creative problem solving
- A constant drive to improve on process and tools is critical
- The working environment is very fast paced requiring management of aggressive delivery schedules and extensive cross-functional collaboration with project managers, engineers, translators, QA and marketing teams. As a production designer on the Documentation Localization team you will: Act as project lead for a portfolio of product families and guide colleagues through the localization of various deliverable types. Assist in training new team members, troubleshoot production issues and provide localization solutions that uphold Apple design & quality standards. Identify and spearhead opportunities for process, design, and technical improvements.
- In addition to employing your production skills you will also be executing UNIX commands in Terminal, running automation scripts, and testing technical tools that support our work. This is truly a team at the intersection of design and technology.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Proficiency in After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Compressor
- Foreign language expertise
- Experience with international font usage
- Background in translation, internationalization, localization and international markets
Role Number: 200122016
Interested candidates, please click Apply Now.