Are you a movement maker? Are you seeking new and exciting career opportunities?
Here is what you need to know about the job:
It is an exciting time to join the Data Services & Analytics team at Li & Fung: our data platform is nimble and evolving and we are in the midst of defining the data product roadmap. Each of our data scientists works collaboratively on high-impact initiatives - whether it is a new modeling technique delivering better predictions, a new analysis and visualization highlighting weak spots in our pipelines, or new tools that can help the company’s workflow. We’re looking for scientists who can identify a problem, develop a plan of attack, and come up with a practical solution.
- Drive the creation of comprehensive datasets encompassing various manufacturing processes and incorporating a wide variety of signals and data types
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new models and data sources
- Comfortable in handling large datasets and perform data checks, data consolidation & data preparation
- Perform large scale data QA and suggest / implement data anomaly detection and correction mechanisms.
- Work with Data engineers to build and deploy pipelines for data QA activities
- Perform custom analysis for various customer / competitor analysis
- Build & validate metrics for insights to assess product performance
- Rapidly develop proof-of-concept prototypes to prove out hypotheses
- Be able to get a grasp of the apparel industry & churn out relevant insights
- A degree (B.S / M.S.), preferably in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, Supply Chain or a related technical field
- 2+ years advanced programming experience preferably in Python or R
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Experience or exposure to PostgreSQL /Redshift is a plus
- Experience using cloud services like AWS / Azure/ Google Cloud / Ali Cloud etc is valued but not mandatory
- Interactive data exploration & visualization using Python/R/Shiny
- Familiarity with statistics - linear models, time series, etc.
- Awareness of Machine Learning Techniques is a plus
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Enjoy being challenged and to solve complex problems on a daily basis in mid size to large team environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assisting in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities
- Must be comfortable working in a company environment with rapidly evolving needs, responsibilities and expectations.
- Experience working independently and driving projects end to end
- Creative thinking & problem solving skills
- Ability to eloquently form an argument backed up by data
- Self-motivated, innovative, results oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker
If this sounds like you, Apply Now!