lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world by realizing the full potential within every one of us. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The APAC Product Creation team is responsible for all product management from initial concepting, through design, development, costing and approval to production. This product is across multiple calendars and working with teams across the business.
The team includes Designers, Pattern Engineers and Tech Developers. This team creates and commercializes premium product ensuring it is performing for the intended end-use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality and costs through lab and wear-testing in accordance with our standards.
The team goal is Best Product / Best Cost delivered at the right time.
We are strong communicators who develop their cross-functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are striven to develop both personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun, prioritising team connection and enjoying sweat & creative sessions together.
Team Alignment: what we do
Inspired by the diversity of the Asia-Pacific, we bring our expertise to connect, explore and innovate to elevate product to new heights
Team Alliance: how we do it
We are united as a team that is focused, supportive and harmonious. We are accountable for ourselves and for each other to achieve our full potential
A day in the life:
A Junior Designer in the APAC Product Creation team supports the Senior Designer in the creation of world class product that is acknowledged as leading in function, fit and quality. Under the mentorship of the Senior Designer and APAC Manager, you create and develop the product from inception to product sign-off.
- You are responsible for supporting the design of APAC styles that reflect lululemon’s brand DNA and the APAC guest in our diverse markets
- You are responsible for recording the creation of the style and the administrative work of maintaining this information throughout the season.
- You will create product specs (technical) and color CADs for product for APAC team and vendors
- You have active product use experience that you use to inform you on the form, function and fit of the product.
- You will research APAC market trends and provide reports to educate x- functional teams within lululemon on the APAC guests lives, interests and changing needs.
- You will create presentations, reports and product to support APAC storytelling, design and construction.
- As a Junior Designer, you will be working closely with the Senior Designer of the team to create design informed solves for our guests needs.
- Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross-functionally within the APAC Product creation team, collaborating with Tech development, pattern engineering, merchandising, raw materials development and color, sourcing and design teams to ensure APAC team has the most up to date information.
- You have razor sharp attention to detail around product/process so that we build beautiful and functional product.
- All APAC team members are responsible for costing and quality as part of the design and development of product
- BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience is required
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
- An understanding in 3D design would be a benefit
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.