Keurig Dr Pepper’s (KDP) Responsible Sourcing (RS) program contributes to company-wide sourcing policy, evaluates and reduces supplier compliance risk, and builds the capability of our suppliers for social/environmental compliance and continuous improvement.
The Responsible Sourcing Senior Specialist executes RS due diligence procedures and supports continuous improvement among suppliers in KDP’s Asian manufacturing supply chains. Based in Shenzhen, China he/she will work closely with the US-based Responsible Sourcing team and will report to the Responsible Sourcing Manager based in Burlington, MA, USA.
What you will do:
- Develop relationships with vendors and sub-tier factories for the purpose of evaluating, engaging and training them. You will liaise directly with factory staff to understand their degree of compliance and to educate and assist them to improve conditions if required.
- Conduct internal, on-site assessments of manufacturing suppliers
- Manage corrective/preventative action development and implementation with suppliers, ensuring continuous improvement and compliance with Keurig’s Responsible Sourcing Supplier Guidelines (www.KeurigGreenMountain.com/SupplierGuidelines) and the Responsible Business Alliance Code of Conduct (http://www.responsiblebusiness.org/code-of-conduct/)
- Shadow/follow-up on third party supplier audits commissioned by KDP or our customers, including both prospective and current suppliers
- Implement supplier capability building projects with selected suppliers
- Leverage external resources and memberships (e.g. Responsible Business Alliance) to drive the continuous improvement agenda with KDP’s suppliers, including via participation in select working groups
- Participate in supplier risk assessment and KDP’s Supplier Performance Management (SRM) program as necessary
- Develop and improve tools in use by the RS program to implement all activities
- Regularly report progress on established key performance indicators and provide data to support the RS team to meet relevant regulatory and voluntary reporting requirements
- Support the RS team to respond to customer requests for audits and survey responses regarding KDP’s supply chains
- Drive the integration of the RS program’s processes and goals within the Supply Chain function through the development and coordination of trainings for relevant KDP colleagues
- Train and support KDP’s Asia-based Supplier Quality Engineering and Supply Chain teams to enable them to provide additional support in achieving the RS team goals and objectives
- Follow all KDP policies and procedures
What you must have:
- Education: A degree in a relevant course of study (Social Sciences, Business Administration – especially with a Supply Chain focus, International Relations, Sustainable Development); graduate degree in related field preferred
- Work Experience:
- 3-5 years experience focused on environment, labor and/or health&safety in a multinational company, NGO, government, or multi-lateral organization.
- Exposure to and/or direct professional experience in auditing for social and environmental compliance
- Experience or high level of familiarity with the applicance manufacturing industry and social/environmental standards (i.e. RBA (formerly EICC), ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, RoHs, SA8000, SMETA, BSCI)
- Project skills: Exceptional project management and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to set and meet deadlines and to work independently in a fact-paced environment
- Personal skills: Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural relationship skills; ability to relate to, understand, and work with diverse individuals across business units and geographies, ranging from supplier facility management staff and operators to quality engineers and procurement professionals
- Communication/Language skills: Strong written and oral communication in English, fluency in Chinese.
- Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Travel: Ability to travel frequently domestically and within the Asia region (estimate 50% time), occasionally to the USA when necessary
KDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a reference check, background check, drug/alcohol test, and documented proof of work authorization. In addition, some roles require a pre-employment medical examination to determine your ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
Please be sure to submit a cover letter explaining your rationale for applying and why you are qualified for the position.