The appointees will assist the General Manager of TCL Corporate Research in the following activities:
· Undertake research works in the Company’s TCL Corporate Research in Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks (HKSTP);
· Lead research to advance the science and technology of AI systems and Machine Learning Applications;
· To coordinate and liaise with different parties of the project on the planning, development and implementation of various project activities;
· Coordinate with all project stakeholders including internal parties, customers, vendors and governments representatives to ensure smooth project implementation;
· Mentor researchers and engineering teams to support AI Institute;
· Share results internally and externally through means of publications, presentations and blogposts;
· Must have a PhD degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related science disciplines;
· Good knowledge and research experience in AI (at least in one of stream on Machine learning, image processing, computer vision, NLP); and practical programming skills in environments (e.g. Python, C/C++, Java) are required.
· Demonstrated knowledge dissemination through authored publications, international conference presentations or shipped products;
· Experience working on communication systems in a research and/or development capacity;
· Technical leadership in leading research efforts with a demonstrated experience handling multiple priorities;
· Deep understanding on reinforcement learning/unsupervised learning;
· Experiences on top AI research organizations such as google brain, deep mind, AI lab of facebook, etc;
TCL is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronic products, engaged in research & development, manufacturing and sales of TV and audio-video products with a global distribution sales network.