Perfect for private practice lawyers who want to make a move in-house!
Your New Company
Our client is a hotel, gaming and leisure operator here in Asia and and is one of the leading integrated hotel-casino entertainment complex in the region. Due to the growth of the team, they are now looking for a Legal Counsel to support the Head of Legal Department in managing of the Company's legal activities, including managing all internal and external legal resources, providing senior management with strategic advice on Company's initiatives from the legal perspective, Consulting on complex business transactions, and providing legal support on all corporate governance related matters.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, organises, directs, coordinates Legal Operation's work plans, assigns projects and programmatic responsibilities, reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures, and meet with staff to identify and resolve problems
- Support Head of Legal on all major business transactions, including but not limited to contracts, liability, prosecuting precedence, regulatory findings and business operation procedure
- Support company secretary on Listing Rules compliance matters
- Assesses and strategically manage litigation risks, directs the course of Company litigation, including class action law suits, works with the appropriate executive(s) to formulate strategic defenses, and negotiates and approves settlements of disputes where warranted
- Selects retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel
- Advises on legal aspects of the Company's financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Guides executive management to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations relevant to public listed companies in service
- Reviews, drafts, and advise on legal aspect of internal policies and procedures
- Represents Company in managing relationships with regulatory and licensing authorities
- Hong Kong qualified solicitor
- Work Experience and Skills
- At least 3 PQE and capability to advise on listing rules compliance matters
- Strong drafting and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple high-level projects, with strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in fast-paced, heavy work environment
- Willing to business travel from time to time
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Natalie Kwok at Hays on +852 2230 7948 or email [email protected].