We are looking for a hard working and outgoing leader to oversee and manage the daily operations
at our Sai Kung location in Hong Kong . This role suits someone with ambition - not necessarily with years of management experience.
If you are passionate, have great energy, action-oriented and have an entrepreneurial mindset,
then you could earn a place on our dynamic top team as we look to expand across Asia.
About the role:
A location manager is the driving force behind ensuring excellent customer service, operations
and services of their space, making sure that all administrative and operational duties run without a hitch whilst minoring in customer service and a sales support function.
- Build and create a successful location, by providing and maintaining a high quality level of service, community, maintaining a high occupancy rate for different Hive memberships
- Oversee all daily operations of your location
- Build a creative and collaborative community through events and personal interactions
- Responsible for finance related tasks, such as invoices, purchases, bills, petty cash
- Ensure all month end reports are completed
- Train, guide and support new team members
- Develop great relationships with members
Duties and Responsibilities
Member Experience and Community
- Drive weekly community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions, events and through social media
- Solve member-related issues to help foster a collaborative community
- Identify opportunities, design, and implement guidelines and best practices to ensure the best member experience is always delivered
- Oversee events to ensure a good balance of different types of events and ensure a great experience for both Hive members and non members
Finance and Operations
- Obtain, analyse P&L reports and compare with previous months
- Prepare monthly Manager's Report and share internally to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare monthly invoices and work closely with Finance Team
- Make recommendations to New Projects team regarding maintenance and improvements of the space
- Identify, follow up and resolve any issues, such as cleaning, IT related issues, electrical equipment and so forth
Building Operations and Management
- Working closely with Community Associates, manage move-ins and move-outs; ensuring that all new members are fully prepared and the transition runs smoothly
- Manage all operations & maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience
- Ensuring the building is clean and well kept
- Ensure all building receipts and documents are up to date, providing internal teams with monthly reports
- Manage, inspire, support and guide your team to achieve goals
- Identify knowledge gaps, and where necessary train and/or arrange training with People Team
- Provide learning and development opportunities, and make recommendations to promote star Associates
- Hold one-to-one meetings to track individual performance on a monthly or quarterly basis with the People Team
- Hold weekly team meetings to delegate, recognise achievements, encourage, and keep the team up to date with any process changes
Experience and Requirements
- Passion and understanding for the Hive’s mission and values
- Passionate and curiosity about entrepreneurial communities, startups and supporting people
- College graduate with degree preferred, but not required
- ‘Graduates of life’ will be considered!
- Strong Customer service and sales experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills
- Must demonstrate core values of integrity, dependability, self-awareness, excellent work ethic, and empathy for others around them
- Ability to handle pressure and fast thinking
- Attention to detail and plenty of initiative
- Proficient in basic computer skills
Critical competencies for success:
- It’s all about the people! Working as a Location manager means always being attuned to people’s needs and always having a customer-centric mindset
- Getting the job done – no matter the cost, is critical.
- You should be a practical, creative, fast-thinker who is constantly on their feet and aware that others are counting on you!
- Multi-tasking should be a breeze for you
- A natural born charmer, persuasive, logical and thinks out of the box!
- You must be an efficient communicator who is fearless when it comes to speaking up and making your voice heard – even in front of those who are superior to you
- You should be able to translate trends into actionable ways that anticipate customer and market needs
- Be familiar with the startup ecosystem and up-to-date on daily happenings in your city
- Fired up about the Hive; you are ready to live, eat and breathe the Hive, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
The Hive is an equal opportunity employer
Other benefits include marvelous weekly happy hours, discounts at various restaurants, gyms
and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and quite possibly with hard-work and dedication, becoming part-owner through our share options programme.
To apply please provide: covering letter, up to date CV, expected salary and availability