Reporting to the LPM VP of Operations, the Financial Accountant is responsible for overseeing all Accounting activities and producing accurate financial statements on a timely basis. This individual is also responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Functions, Duties & Accountabilities
- Responsible for all accounting activities, which includes but is not limited to credit, A/R, A/P, treasury, and inter-company accounting.
- Preparation of the monthly financial package to be delivered to the U.S. Parent Company in a timely manner.
- Balance sheet management and monthly account reconciliations
- Develop, monitor, and analyze financial information, product performance, and other key business metrics
- Assists with the annual budget and periodic forecasting process in conjunction with the U.S. Parent Company.
- Responsible for annual financial statement audit, annual governmental filing requirements, and tax supporting schedules
- Coordination with outside audit, tax, and accounting firms.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis to support the LPM VP of Operations and the U.S. Parent Company Finance Team.
- Four-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA (or equivalent) preferred
Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years of Accounting/Finance related experience required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Quick Books Enterprise is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when required, approximately 0-5%.