Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
Clover International is charged with leveraging our data, our most important asset, to generate value for our clients and partners. By using Clover’s expertise as a US medical insurance provider, our platform generates machine learning models and insights central to helping our clients and partners manage and improve the health of their populations. Our Machine Learning Specialists are key to improving our platform and helping our partners get value out of our technology.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Specialist to help us build a revolutionary new health care business internationally.
As a Machine Learning Specialist, you will:
- Design, implement and validate high-reliability, distributed platforms for machine learning.
- Build the tools and validation processes that help Clover translate insights into action at scale.
- Use existing commercial and open source tools where appropriate to create a robust production platform.
- Work closely with Clover's Data Science, Operations, and Engineering teams to ensure that the Machine Learning Platform is providing real value.
- Debug, interpret and improve production Machine Learning models.
- Document and give tutorials to ensure data scientists can use your tools easily.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data to unlock value and improve outcomes for real people.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate technical vision in clear terms— to your teammates and across the technology team more broadly. You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience with Python, Python data science libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, etc.), and deploying Python apps into production environments.
- You have a solid foundation in feature engineering, feature selection, and machine learning techniques.
- You have experience interpreting, modifying, and debugging the inputs and outputs of production machine learning models.
- You have both built and refactored complex distributed systems, especially machine learning systems.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers and data scientists through mentorship, development of reusable libraries, and documentation.
About Clover International: Leveraging our expertise in the US health insurance business, we are reinventing health care by combining the power of data with human empathy to help our clients and partners to improve health care to their members. We believe the healthcare solutions can be made better, so we've created a software platform to empower our clients and partners to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
Our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people served by our clients and partners. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.