Location: Hong Kong
Being one of the well-known global investment leaders, the
company aim to help different parties meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. The company also adapt to suit the times and keep
the focus on what their clients need the most.
The company spot the trends that will shape the future by bringing together people and data. By this, the clients could always invest with conviction. To build future prosperity for clients,
even for all of society is always company’s determination. So far, the company have 4,900 people who devote themselves to do just this.
Due to continuous growth and maturity of Distribution function, it is critical to service this function with timely, accurate and insightful management information (MI). The design and
implementation of MI and reporting is the focus of the regional CRM & Analytics CoE in responding to this needs, targeted at a diverse set of stakeholders and consumers at all levels, right across Distribution.
As the Management Information & Reporting/ Data Insights Analyst at the company, you will report to the APAC Distribution Change Manager and Head of MI & Analytics – Distribution. You
will be the data expert embedded within the Distribution function.
- assist the APAC Distribution Change Manager and Head of MI & Analytics in the production and collation of Distribution Management Information
- have a key involvement in building out the reporting, analytics and insights solutions and capabilities (working with key partners and liaising with dependent projects where necessary)
- be responsible for rolling out MI and reporting solutions to key stakeholders and consumers
- develop, refine and localise MI and reporting services and solutions on an ongoing basis
- assist Distribution senior management in the production of board papers from an analytical capacity
Data Insights & Analytics
- Providing data insights: Interrogate, analyse and join distribution data, which currently exists in various systems to gain insights currently unavailable to management.
- Design and creation of prototype self-service analytical tools and dashboards, ad-hoc analysis reports and presentations.
- Work with the MI & Analytics team to deliver insights to a broad range of internal customers, primarily members of the Global Distribution Executive (GDE) in user-friendly and easy to
- Work with team members in IT to develop and enhance the technical tools used as part of our work including the data warehouse and interconnections with various internal data systems.
Global MI and reporting
- Build and deploy up to date and relevant practices and techniques to support Distribution’s MI and reporting needs, spanning:
Data and report schema design
Report development (using group tools and best practice, predominantly using Tableau, Excel)
Report testing and rollout
User / consumer deployment, training and upskilling
- Ensure effective and collaborative liaison with key stakeholders (for example, consumers of MI and reporting at all levels of Distribution globally, Distribution IT, numerous providers
and sources of required data and MI, Market Intelligence Team, Investment’s Data Insights Unit)
APAC Business Management
- Development of Tableau skills to become a visible and active super-user in APAC
- Responsibility for maintenance of existing APAC Tableau dashboards
- Production and collation of monthly APAC Management Information, where required
- Support, in an analytical capacity, key strategic business and operational change projects
- Preparation of APAC Management slides for monthly/quarterly updates and other regular and ad-hoc presentations
- Involvement in analysis and preparation of board papers when required.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate with at least 5 years of relevant experience in data analytics and dealing with large data set
- Excellent analytical skills (preferably with direct and relevant experience in data and reporting analytics – requirements capture and end-consumer solution development)
- Excellent visualisation and presentation skills with a proven ability to represent complex data in a simple, insightful and engaging manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys interacting with all levels of business stakeholders within the organisation
- Willingness to learn new tools and systems
- Experience in the development and deployment of MI and reporting solutions
- Good working knowledge of the Asset Management sector / Investment practices is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of applicable technology solutions and techniques – able to perform as a ‘power user’ of relevant toolsets (e.g. Tableau and Alteryx)
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact
Ivan Lam on +852 2847 9950 or apply online with your latest CV in word format and expected salary. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.