In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest-growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we have developed an in-depth body of knowledge 10:32 AM 30/11/2018of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Our Data & Analytics has both applied Data Science and Big Data architecture capabilities. In KPMG, you’ll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore solutions for our clients. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects, covering technologies and solutions from traditional data analytics to machine learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
The role of a Manager within KPMG has three specific areas of focus:
1. Business Development
- Building strong and lasting client relationships through excellent interpersonal skills
- Working with Senior Management and Leadership to develop compelling propositions which target relevant client issues
- Identifying project opportunities and leading the development of proposals
- Taking an active role in managing initiatives to appropriately market Data & Analytics capabilities and services
2. Client Service
- Delivery of high quality advisory and/or technical services to our clients
- Planning and overseeing the delivery of engagements or projects, including responsibility for the review and quality assurance of deliverables
- Building lasting relationships with key client stakeholders
- Identifying and managing risks whilst maximising profitability and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
3. Practice Development
- Utilising previous and ongoing experience to build and develop knowledge within the team
- Developing and building delivery capabilities by either working as a subject-matter expertise
- Supporting key training and sharing knowledge within team
- Developing thought leadership in area of expertise
- Helping our junior team members to develop through mentoring and monitoring in the role of a Performance Manager and by disseminating experience throughout the team
As part of this team, you will be providing specialised consulting services in Data Science, including solution design, solution development and system implementation, to clients across different industries.
The individual will have:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Information System or any discipline with strong quantitative elements
- 5+ years experience relating to Data & Analytics, with at least 3 years in delivery experience for statistical modelling and data science related works
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning techniques – e.g., logistic regression, random forest, support vector machine, cluster analysis, KNN, naive Bayes, dimensionality reduction, Bayesian methods and time series modelling
- Hand-on scripting and programming experience with at least two of the following common data science tools: Python, R, SQL, Matlab or Scala
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) or text mining is preferred
- A data-oriented mind-set, enjoy facing new challenges and learn new data science technology skills
- Strong communication skills with capability of translating business requirement into technical needs and articulating technical concepts or results to non-technical audience
- Flexible and adaptive to work either independently or lead remote development teams in a fast-paced environment
- Proven project management skills including planning, designing and shaping project work streams, managing progress, resolving issues and limiting risks
- Experience working in a consulting environment is preferred
- Good English language skills; Mandarin skills preferred but not required
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.