Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective
way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Manager, Equities Product Control Valuations..
In this role, you will
- Perform valuation adjustments, such as Independent Price Verification, Bid Offer, Model uncertainty, other Fair Value Adjustment, and Prudent Valuation Adjustment, in accordance with global
valuation guidelines for all business line in equity asset class, mainly Prime Finance and Equity Derivative, regardless of the trading book location, like Hong Kong, Paris, London, and New York.
- Ensure accurate and timely computation of reserves and controls.
- Work in collaboration with Global Valuation Group team members in Hong Kong to run and establish fair value adjustments.
- Ensure good communication and developing strong relationship with Trading, Independent Model Review, Market Risk Management, Product Control Analytics and Development and Consensus providers
such as Totem.
- Promote global use of tools and methodologies across sites, in particular Hong Kong and Paris, through the implementation of Fair Value Adjustment and Independent Price Verification into
a strategic tool.
- Enhance existing framework by reviewing current processes
- Work effectively with the equity valuation team located in Paris, Krakow and New York.
- Encourage efficient and streamlined processes across valuation group.
- Streamline and optimize Front to Back processes to ensure an effective, efficient and robust control framework.
- Ensure well controlled and accurate valuation reserves.
- Proactively improve and automate current processes.
- Create and maintain relevant documentation.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Higher Degree with a strong numerical and quantitative background, for example, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or similar.
- Strong experience in Valuation Control or Product Control. Previous experience in Equity Derivatives is preferred.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skill.
- Strong IT skill required including experience with VBA, SQL, Microsoft Access.
- Good understanding of vanilla and complex derivatives products, market risks and pricing parameters.
- Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate key quantitative issues in an understandable way.
- Good appreciation of regulatory guidelines, rules, requirements.
- Ability to understand complex concepts.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CY0O
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace
that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement,
which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited