KPMG China has experienced forensic resources based in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. We provide clients with commercial and financial expertise in the areas of Fraud and Misconduct Investigations,
Anti-money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance Services, Fraud Risk Management, Forensic Technology and Corporate Intelligence services. We worked with industry professionals in Asia Pacific, and worldwide through the KPMG International Forensic network of
over 3,600 professionals to conduct successful enquiries and analyze financial information across numerous jurisdictions.
The nature of Forensic services has evolved to a technology led approach that pulls in disciplines from across audit, tax, and advisory functions. The advent and implementation of robotics process automation, machine learning, cognitive and the promise of artificial intelligence applied to risk management, compliance, monitoring, fraud investigations, and disputes and litigation has raised the bar in terms of agility, innovation, and customer-centricity. The ability to support clients with aggregated data analytics across platforms, unstructured and structured datasets, with meaningful correlation analysis that provide behavioral insights and highlight real-time risk and/or reduces manual review of traditional books and records is critical to the long-term success and sustainability of Forensic services.
Role & Responsibilities
Forensic technology (F-tech) is currently looking for a Manager specialising in data analytics to join the rapidly expanding team in Hong Kong. As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients within the financial services sector (Banking, Securities and Investment Management, Insurance and FinTech), to help design and deliver full scope data analytics related solutions. Recognising the power of integrating database and statistics science, data analytics is used to identify and capture anomalies and suspicious information within structured and unstructured data as part of fraud detection, detection of potential money laundering and predictive analytics on potential suspicious activities.
We are looking for a manager candidate with specific experience and skills in the below categories:
- Business development
- Building strong and lasting client relationships through excellent interpersonal skills
- Creating innovative and successful consulting solutions that enhance, integrate and expand our forensic data & analytics capability as a whole
- Identifying project opportunities and leading the development of proposals
- Playing an active role in helping to develop our core forensic data & analytics capabilities, products and services
- Client service
- Planning and overseeing the delivery of engagements or projects, including responsibility for the review and quality assurance of deliverables
- Delivering the highest quality service to our clients, meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Building lasting relationships with key client stakeholders
- Identifying and managing risks whilst maximising profitability and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Developing and sustaining new client relationships
- Practice development
- Utilising previous and ongoing experience to build and develop knowledge within the team
- Helping our junior team members to develop through mentoring and monitoring in the role of a Performance Manager and by disseminating experience throughout the team
- Articulating the value propositions to clients and internal staff, acting as a champion for Forensic data & analytics across the firm
- Taking a active role in the growth of the Forensic data & analytics team and supporting the development of other team members through coaching and mentoring
- Developing thought leadership in area of expertise
Core Capabilities & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or above in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Information System or any discipline with strong quantitative elements
- A minimum of 5 years experience relating to Data & Analytics, with at least 3 years in delivery experience for statistical modelling and data science related works
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning techniques – e.g., logistic regression, random forest, support vector machine, cluster analysis, KNN, naive Bayes, dimensionality reduction, Bayesian methods and time series modelling
- Experience in working with Databases and ERP systems (SAP, IBM DB2, Oracle)
- Experience in data visualization techniques and software such as IBM i2, Tableau or Spotfire
- Hand-on scripting and programming experience with at least two of the following common data science tools: Python, R, SQL, Matlab, C++, C# or Scala
- A data-oriented mind-set, enjoy facing new challenges and learn new data science technology skills
- Basic knowledge of financial crime risks (anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption, fraud and misconduct)
- Strong communication skills with capability of translating business requirement into technical needs and articulating technical concepts or results to non-technical audience
- Flexible and adaptive to work either independently or lead remote development teams in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills including planning, designing and shaping project work streams, managing progress, resolving issues and limiting risks
- Experience working in a consulting environment is preferred
- Good English language skills; Cantonese or Mandarin skills are desirable
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.