Hydrapak creates and sells innovative hydration solutions for performance-oriented people. The company is a trusted partner for major brands in the active Outdoor Recreation industry, who incorporate its hands-free
hydration reservoirs and soft flasks into hydration backpacks and running vests. Hydrapak-branded hydration products are available at specialty Outdoor stores worldwide, such as REI and Amazon. Hydrapak has expanded into green cleaning with the addition
of Bottle Bright, and into bottles with the addition of Polar Bottle.
With offices in Oakland, California; Boulder, Colorado, Hong Kong; and Park City, Utah, we are a group of highly-motivated enthusiasts who are lucky enough to be able to combine work with our shared passion for recreation and product
innovation. If you are looking to make a difference in a casual, team-oriented atmosphere, and share our love for the outdoors, this may be the right fit for you. Some of our perks include free product testing, access to pro-deals from other Outdoor companies,
subsidized health/dental insurance, 401k with employer contribution, and paid vacation.
Hydrapak Limited was formed four years ago in Hong Kong to provide a permanent staff for communication, inspection, product development and manufacturing trouble shooting with our supply chain centered near Hong
Kong. The staff includes Merchandisers, Quality Control manager, and Product Engineers. This position would manage the Limited company, oversee the staff in the office, and be the senior Hydrapak representative in Hong Kong to our local partners.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the Limited company, including working with the accountants (Fiducia) for payroll, accounting, audit, taxes, and human resources.
- Work with Finance in Oakland to budget monthly expenditures, cash transfers, and provide detailed reporting.
- Work with bank (HSBC) on all banking issues.
- Be senior Hydrapak representative in Hong Kong for all relationships, including factory relations and negotiations, and appropriate Customer communications.
- Oversee HK-based merchandisers, including purchase order receipt/processing, factory scheduling, outbound logistics, inventory management, and QC inspection scheduling.
- Oversee HK-based Quality management, including lab testing, product testing requirements, relations with third-party inspectors, and review and third-party inspector reports.
- Oversee activities of HK-based product engineers, including product development, transition from product development to production, purchasing/costing, and responding to customer input. These engineers take their direction from Oakland-based engineering
staff, but need local oversight and supervision.
Education and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is critical. Coordinating the team is key to effective execution.
- Deep understanding of the Hydrapak offering and brand.
- Extensive knowledge of the consumers, customers and competitors in our market space.
- Understanding of relevant manufacturing techniques and sources.
- Familiarity and personal insight into the uses of the product and activities of our target consumers.
- A desire to share in the work of the team, and to help where required.
- Four-year degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to work closely with our established team and to support the Hydrapak corporate direction.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a full-time, normally 40 hour-a-week job.
- The standard office hours are from 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Salary and bonus schedule to be discussed in person.
- After 90-day probationary period, you are eligible for medical, vision, dental, and vacation benefits.
- A 401K plan is available after the first year.
Application and Starting Date
Please email resume and cover letter addressing Experience and Education requirements above with your name written in the subject line. Start date is as soon as possible.