Our Investment Office oversees the Club’s financial assets and manages the investments and their related risks in order to support the achievement of the Club’s mission and objective.
This job entails the implementation of all investment related operational controls and activities across the Club’s investment portfolio. Investment related operations activities comprise:
- Managing relationships with the Club’s counterparties from an operational perspective comprising custodians, administrators, investment managers and service providers.
- Conducting operational due diligence of existing and prospective counterparties.
- Assisting with legal negotiations & contracting between the Club and counterparties.
- Providing administrative, technical, monitoring, assessment, reporting and operational support for portfolio management, performance, valuation, liquidity and risk systems.
- Operational Due Diligence: Reviews existing and prospective external investments for operational risks, and plays an integral role in the ongoing oversight and monitoring of the operation of these investments.
- Portfolio Administration: Provides administrative and operational support for portfolio management, performance reporting, liquidity management and risk systems.
- Legal: Works with investment team to structure, negotiate and monitor investments, coordinates with counterparties and outside counsel to negotiate investment management agreements, subscription agreements and related documentation.
- Accounting and Finance: Supports Finance to ensure all investment activities are properly recorded and accounted for in the Club’s books and annual audit.
- Information Services and Investment Technology Solutions: Assists in the assessment, onboarding and deployment of Information Services and Investment Technology Solutions to enhance operational workflows and efficiencies.
- Regulatory & Tax Compliance: Monitors and follows up on investment related tax compliance and tax reporting needs as well as administers operational compliance.
- Team Leadership: Maintains a stable team by attracting and retaining quality staff. Aligns individual and team’s interest, develops talent and builds team capabilities towards execution of BAUs as well as spearheading of strategic initiatives.
You should be/have:
- University graduate with major in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance and/or Legal.
- More than 10 years of institutional experience in an investment operations capacity.
- Requirement for candidates to have acquired CPA or in process of completing certification; CFA candidates also a plus.
- Professional expertise gained in Asset Management, Fund-of-Funds, Fund Administration, Investment Consultancy and/or Fund Accounting; Audit, Operations & Technology experience would be highly valued.
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and in-depth know-how in operations of asset managers.
- Possess strong and effective management, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Solid communications skills set underpinned by high level of English fluency & proficiency (spoken and written).
- Effective user of information technology & services as an aid to decision-making.
- Leadership experience managing a team of professionals.
- Excellent organizational skills to coordinate efforts among stakeholders and multiple parties to bring projects through to timely completion.
- Ability to work with internal and external parties at senior level.
- Competency and comfort in handling multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong