- Devise effective media strategy and plans covering both traditional and new media platforms to effectively promote the HKPC’s brand publicity and press exposure aligning the Council’s business objectives
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with local, regional and global media in Hong Kong, covering print, electronic, social and online streams, to build long-term business partnerships with such media stakeholders
- Work closely with different business divisions and branches in the Council to pitch for positive media coverage and branded stories with compelling news angles to increase publicity
- Work hand-in-hand with the digital communications team to drive HKPC’s brand awareness and publicity on social channels
- Propose, manage and implement media engagement initiatives including but not limited to press conferences, media gatherings, product and service media briefings, media workshops, tours, one-on-one interviews, day-to-day media communications and support, etc.
- Manage and handle media enquiries via designated media hotline and email as well as other corporate channels, prepare article write-ups for thematic columns in key media channels and industry publications, prepare replies to customer or media complaints
- Manage media stakeholders’ database
- Develop press materials, boilerplate, factsheet, LTT and message guide for media engagement and issue management purposes
- Provide market intelligence, reports or analysis to facilitate management decisions in a timely manner
- Manage and monitor media coverage to increase PR publicity value benchmarking with YoY comparison
- Bachelor degree or above in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations Translation, language studies or other discipline as deemed fit
- At least 8 years’ experience with all-rounded exposure to Corporate Communications functions, with at least three years at managerial position
- Experienced in formulation and execution of media communications strategies and measures. Excellent project management skills
- Expertise in media relations, digital communications (including social media) with outstanding story pitching skills
- Technology and social media savvy, a subject matter expert on media relations with solid media network of relevant press beats
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and stick to timelines
- A solution provider with strategic mindset, positive can-do attitude and acute business sense to achieve business goals. Able to work with people at all levels and drive cross-department collaboration and business results
- Hands-on and detail-oriented, results and quality driven. Able to handle multi tasks and deliver quality work in a fast-paced business environment, deadline conscious
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, WordPress, email campaign systems, social platforms and Adobe Design Suite a definite advantage
- Resourceful, creative and willing to go extra miles to achieve greater outcome
- Willing to learn and open to new ideas, able to think outside the square and bring in new ideas, contribute with enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent communications and writing skills with high proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by clicking 'Apply Now' (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) on or before 8 April 2019.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.