- In line with the HKTB strategy plan, formulate an overall tourism product strategy for Hong Kong. This involves identifying and creating new products,
enhancing and improving existing products, repackaging and bundling of existing and/or new products as well as expanding the appeal of existing products.
- Following the overall tourism product strategy, formulate and implement development plans for the different product categories (e.g. culture &
heritage, festivals & celebrations, facilities & attractions, shopping & dining, streetscape & urban form) in order to create a marketing platform with the Hong Kong’s product strength.
- Gather feedbacks from overseas visitors via Strategic Planning & Insights on existing infrastructure and facilities for improvement and packaging
as well as provide inputs/advice to senior management, Tourism Commission, District Councils, developers on matters related to tourism development and planning.
- Solicit support from the trade and Government Departments in recommending the development of new products, repackaging and/or repositioning of
- Monitor the latest progress of tourism-related infrastructures and developments in order to facilitate the senior management in overall strategic
planning and the operational requirements of various internal functional units/departments.
- Collate and compile inputs from HKTB and tourism trade for governmental feasibility studies, development projects and district enhancement works.
- Develop event strategy in accordance to market/segment prioritization and formulate event assessment criteria to facilitate evaluation of event
- Proactively source, identify, develop world-class events and facilitate them to be staged in Hong Kong in order to enhance Hong Kong’s image and
to induce visitor arrivals over a number of years.
- Facilitate, support and grow potential third party events to serve better tourism purposes.
- Develop event marketing plans of major events to promote to in-town visitors and overseas markets.
- Improve visitor satisfaction and enhance experience by lobbying major event organizers to arrange special provisions for overseas visitors such
as special entrance for tour groups and priority booking etc.
- University educated with professional knowledge in marketing and urban planning/geography with at least 12 years solid experience in product/event
development & management.
- Sound knowledge and in-depth understanding of the operation of the government, district councils as well as the sensitivity of the dynamics of
the relationship among the travel trade, government, product providers, event organizers and NGOs.
- Strong commercial sense to understand the market needs for tourism-related product/event development.
- Highly motivated and independent in thought and ability to identify products/festivities/world class events, which can be high yielding from many
- Proven experience of development, staging and management of major territory-wide events/promotions/campaigns in Hong Kong.
- Strong strategic thinking skill and ability to formulate and present product and event development strategies and destination marketing strategies.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills to be able to persuade others, internally and externally, to buy in to the new/repackaged
products and quality events.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered as Manager.
Interested parties please send resume with present and expected salary by clicking Apply Now or by mail to "Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Tourism
Board, 9th-11th Floors, Citicorp Centre, 18 Whitfield Road, North Point, Hong Kong". Please quote the reference number in the application. Late applications will not be considered.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided
upon request. Applicants may send a request for a copy of the Personal Information Collection Statement pertaining to recruitment.
Only shortlisted applications will receive our response. All information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.