In this position, you will be a member of the Asia Pacific Marketing Regional Delivery team located in and focusing on the Hong Kong market.
The position focuses on delivering innovative programs supporting the Hong Kong market, as well as managing and measuring the effectiveness of all marketing activities. Successful candidates must demonstrate
business acumen, relevant experience with core marketing strategy and execution, excellent project management, communication and team skills.
About the role
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of marketing activities within Hong Kong. As a key internal advisor for the Managing Consultant, Client Development Group (CDG)
and local leadership, the Manager will have a thorough understanding of the cross-Line of Business (LOB) objectives and business priorities to ensure the delivery of the most effective and efficient marketing that meets the goals of the country.
A key element of the role is to ensure consistency with local and global marketing initiatives, working closely with other marketing team groups to make this happen including Advisory, Technology & Data, Brand
& Communications and Technology & Analytics.
- Partner with marketing leadership and the business to create and develop a successful marketing strategy that assists the business in driving growth/revenue for the country
and prepare and deliver the marketing plan that identifies the ideal marketing mix and strategy to leverage national and local activities that will accomplish the following objectives:
- Provide consistency of deliverables across markets, ensuring a
high degree of quality, innovation and value in all marketing deliverables
- Build Towers Watson brand awareness internally and externally
- Generate sales lead opportunities from marketing initiatives
- Enhance and foster relationships with existing clients
- Help transform client issues into actionable campaigns with go-to-market strategies and measure effectiveness/impact
- Create internal awareness of key marketing initiatives and programs and support follow-up
- Strategically place key local thought leaders in various speaking engagements such as local associations, university/educational and industry events
- Help prioritize outreach efforts and manage local expectations
- Draft, edit and suggest refinements to content and intellectual capital, create supporting copy for related marketing tactics and production of marketing materials such
as e-alerts, brochures, press releases, website copy
- Build strong relationships across the business to effectively channel marketing objectives, ensure full support for the marketing strategy by leadership
- Responsible for line management, ensuring all individuals have clear goals, objectives and responsibilities that meet the specific needs of the country, but are also aligned
to, and support, the marketing priorities across Asia Pacific
- Liaise with global services and business marketing peers to ensure most effective marketing strategies are delivered in impactful markets and measured ways
- Partner with marketing colleagues and internal business clients to define project objectives including sales opportunities, and deliver projects on time and to required
- Foster collaboration and coordination with marketing colleagues and understand different roles and responsibilities within the marketing organization.
- Identify and foster relationships with appropriate industry and 3rd party associations
- Tactical trade press and media relationship development and execution of local PR, liaising with the regional PR leader
- Responsible for the implementation of the marketing strategy and plans, create internal awareness of key marketing initiatives and programmes, build Marketing’s brand
as partner and advisor through strategic partnership and demonstration of ROI
- Act as the main marketing point of contact for the Managing Consultant, CDG and the LOB Leaders, providing strategic advice, guidance and appropriate challenge on the
most appropriate marketing techniques to achieve the business priorities and objectives of the LOB
- Be a marketing thought leader and introduce innovative and effective ideas/delivery channels that are engaging to clients and prospects
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal clients to set expectations, devise integrated marketing campaigns and tactics, advance projects, and
- Understand buyer roles and be adept at segmentation strategies and best practices to effectively target and deliver appropriate messaging
- Build a good industry knowledge of the sector LOBs operate within and use this to enhance the LOB Marketing strategy as well as identify opportunities and threats to this
- Responsible for the country marketing budget ensuring costs are aligned with plans and regularly reporting on spend activities to the Regional Marketing Director.
- Provide analysis and insights into marketing activities and related costs to determine their effectiveness and impact and provide performance benchmarking
- Implement and enforce Willis Towers Watson workflow processes, while remaining flexible when business needs dictate.
- 8+ years marketing experience, ideally gained within a professional services or a B2B environment, operating in a matrix environment
- Strong management experience with a proven record of leading and developing a team to meet the needs of the business
- Strong commitment to staff development and the ability to lead and inspire colleagues
- High level of business and marketing acumen
- Flexible and agile, experience with creating new marketing opportunities and a proven background of engaging clients with innovative and engaging methods
that produced measurable results for positive ROI
- Strategic and tactical marketing experience, with specific emphasis on marketing planning, execution, and experience with marketing technologies and online
project management tools
- A key interest in new media and technologies, adeptness and openness to learning new tools and creative approaches
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to present issues and resolutions in a persuasive manner to senior decision makers
- Business development understanding and lead generation skills
- High energy, detail and action oriented, and results focussed
- Strong project management skills
and ability to juggle a large workload and prioritise
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
- Outstanding English language
and local language (Cantonese)
communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experienced in marketing communications across a broad spectrum of media (e.g. print, direct
mail, web, social)
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or business preferred
- Availability and willingness to work outside normal business hours
- Infrequent international travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.